A Strawberry Summer

image-110
Yeah, so apparently we like peaches. This shoot was pretty much inspired by this engagement shoot the Simply Bloom girls did, these dessert plates I came across, and some strong urge to hold on to the end of summer. The images from the engagement session were so lovely and I guess I kind of imagined what this couple’s wedding might be like. Simply Bloom was kind enough to come over and shoot the environment we set up and I’m so happy with the way they all seem to belong with the original portraits…thanks ladies!

image-22
image-32
image-41
Amy Osaba rocked the flowers for this shoot. Are you kidding me? I think they are ridiculously cute. (If you look closely you’ll find ranunculus, fever few, veronica, devil’s tail, lisianthus, a few {beautiful} weeds like joe pie weed and a few other things we had no idea what to call, black dahlias, scabiosa, figs, stock, dusty miller, and some strawberry plants.)

CLICK HERE for the rest of the photoshoot (and all 20 images on one page) after the jump!

image-52
image-62
image-72
image-81

What luck!

image-92

This ribbon was chosen for the folksy charm it added to the mix. And books are always good!

image-102
image-112

Chocolate Pink created this sweet cake to match the eyelet tablecloth on the dinner table while Ashley of Dolci Odille crafted the darling little cake topper with wedding bells. I love how sweet and simple it is!

image-123
image-132
image-142
image-152
image-162
image-171

The dessert plates are a set of beaded milk glass from the 1930’s with hand-painted fruit partnered with miss-matched dinner plates.

image-181

And our inspiring muses…

image-191

Details

Photography Simply Bloom

Flowers Amy Osaba

Art Direction/Styling Joy Thigpen

Cake Topper Dolci Odille

Cake Chocolate Pink Cafe

1. Patti Davis says:

Breathtaking! How beautiful!

2. uzma says:

ohhhh, sublime!! love it!

3. LauraKitty says:

Gorgeous! I’m definitely saving these as inspiration.

4. style court says:

I love the juxtaposition of the soft delicate flowers and the rustic setting. So dreamy. Amy does magical things with flowers! (The whole team did an amazing job.)

5. These are amazing. Simple and sweet. This feels like a great closer to summer.

Thank you SO much for sharing these. They put a smile on my face.

6. Ashley says:

these photos are amazing!
    thanks for giving us a final taste of summer!

7. Jayme says:

Gorgeous!

8. JC says:

Just dreamy. What kind of post processing do I need to do to get my photos to look hazy like these?

9. The WV girls says:

love the “catch the fireflies” jars…adds an element of magic I am such a sucker for. Fabulous job ladies!!
    xo
    WV

10. Sara says:

oh my my… so dreamy and perfect! i think i’m in love…

11. miss liss says:

Those plates are so charming – I love milkglass. And the pictures are so dreamy. Thanks for a beautiful post.

12. Jen Arthur says:

LOVE this. The styling is fabulous and you can’t not love everything from the girls at Simply Bloom Photography : )

13. jules says:

simply gorgeous! Everything is just perfect! I love all the “weeds” you used in flowers, just be careful with Pokeberry (the berries in the pic w/ the butterfly) because they are an excellent natural dye, therefore not a friend to white dresses!

14. Anna Bond says:

Beautiful! I love the colors so much. You ladies did an incredible job.

15. Jordyn Dean says:

So beautiful and sweet you can taste it! I adore Design Sponge, Once Wed, & Simply Bloom! Can’t believe Bradley and I are someone’s muses!

16. Janie says:

Simply Beautiful…I love all the details…great job everyone!

17. Yun says:

I really like the 70’s style soft-light of the photographs!

18. love that cake, ahhh summer.

19. Cyd says:

There are literally no words to describe how beautiful, serene and magical this is…the photos are stunning and all the colors and the details are simply gorgeous.

20. alicia says:

lovely photos! do you know where the engagement ring on the model is from?

21. LOVE this shoot. you all did such a beautiful job. loving the colorful glass.

22. maesa says:

luv, luv, luv

23. becca says:

Beautiful & dreamy…are the vases vintage or can we get them somewhere? Thanks!

24. love!!!!! the colors theme-palette and the turquoise and orange glasses! We adore using fruits and old books too in our arrangements.
    lovely wedding! :)

25. joy thigpen says:

thanks for the kind words everyone! yes, the vases are vintage and the ring…maybe the bride, jordyn, can let us know. :)

26. Oh so lovely and uber romantic:)

27. i am in love!! i am saving these pics for when my wedding day comes :)
    do you know where this actually took place

1. grace says:

sophie

i’m assuming this was shot near the girls, in athens, ga. if not athens, it’s definitely somewhere else in that part of georgia ;)

grace

28. Lindsay says:

I’m asking the same question as Sophie. I’m just now looking for reception venues, and this place looks awesome. I live in Alpharetta, next door to Duluth. Design*Sponge, where is this?