Rubber Bands

rubberband_1
rubberband_2
Elasticco’s Rubberband Basket and Ja-Hyuk Yim’s American Rubber-band III.

rubberband_3
Numbers Desk Set and Notes Refillable Notebook by Mateo Ilasco.

rubberband_4
Sorry, I didn’t have time this week to put together the DIY instructions for the hanging, exposed lightbulbs. But I’ll make sure to give it to Grace as soon as it’s done.

Thanks everyone for reading my guest blog posts this week. I hope you had as much fun reading them as I had making them. Thanks again Grace!

1. karen says:

Meg, you are obviously a genius. So enjoyed your posts this week—Thanks!

2. jean says:

Meg, I really enjoyed your posts this week. Loved the presentation (made my little graphic designer heart go pitter-pat) and your unique view of underdog/mundane items like rubber bands. Thanks for sharing!

3. KD says:

Your posts were great this week, thank you! I love the graph paper in the background all week – what is it about graph paper that is so satisfying!?

4. hayley says:

I used lobster bands to create accessories to compliment my collection for a fashion show this past spring. You can check it out here:

5. Bex says:

Meg,

I adored your posts all week … they certainly brought a little whimsy to all my days.

Thank you!

6. noa says:

thank you for a lovely post, really inspiring!

7. bastisRIKE says:

the artist Miloš Tomić loves them, too.

you have to visit his homepage: http://www.milostomic.com
    his work is amazing, especially his stop’motion films …

8. johan says:

I don’t get no. 4. Can you explain / post another view of it?

9. deco.rate says:

Ditto, Johan. What is that last thing?

10. Miranda says:

i love the rubber band! and i might just use that napkin ring idea in the future…so cute!

11. erin says:

I think it’s a “rubber band-aid”… get it?
    I’d love to see who it’s attributed to, though.

12. awww, you guys are too nice!

sorry about image #4: looks like the label didn’t publish. it’s a label held by a rubberband (it’s around a a roll of paper) by the hara design institute.

here’s their site:

13. jolleen says:

Meg, you’ve now moved in to my top 5 favorite guest bloggers on d*s. :) Appreciate the extra design work you put into the presentation of your posts!! Thanks for showing us simple things used in remarkable ways!

14. theaxx says:

completely FAB! I designed a series on the greatness of paper which you might like to see, would have to email it though – sorry that sounds so arrogant, but really, it’s strange how related it is :)

all the best.