Oliver Jeffers

image071
I love children’s books! When feeling uninspired there are few things better
than flipping through a colouful, happy and silly piece of literature. Oliver Jeffers books account for quite a bit of my collection, his stories are ridiculously cute and the illustrations are so detailed and lovely. ‘The Incredible Book Eating Boy’ is about Henry who discovers the more books he eats the smarter he becomes.

image08
image09
‘The Great Paper Caper’ is about a bear who desperately wants to win the
112th Biennial Paper Airplane competition like his father and grandfather
before him.

CLICK HERE for the rest of the post (and more images) after the jump!

image10
image11

1. karen says:

I love Oliver Jeffers’s books! I think his illustration style is so perfectly quirky.

2. Julia says:

¡I have this book! It’s so cute, the cover is even bitten. I have it in the spanish version that seems to be a little bit different, starting from the translation: mine is called “El increíble niño comelibros” (The incredible book-eating boy) I LOVE IT! I think some children’s books are works of art.

3. Julia says:

Forgot to thank you: I discovered your blog a couple months ago and became addictied to it! Been reccomending it ever since

4. Lisa says:

I didn’t know about him until now, but what a thrill to find these. Thanks!

5. Emma says:

I bought How to catch a star by oliver jeffers for my little nephew’s second birthday and he loves it so much he makes his mum read it nearly every night, although he cries sometimes when the little star is all alone. There is another great one about a penguin called lost and found – it has been made into an animation as well.

6. Shelley says:

Beyond the charming storyline in “The Incredible Book Eating Boy”, Jeffers draws and paints directly on pages and covers of old books of all kinds. Every time I read this I discover new wonders in his work. And my baby isn’t even big enough to understand the story yet!

7. MARii_MUNiiEKA says:

The drawings are sooo cute I know my daughter will love reading it! Especially in Spanish! We love all things art!

Thanks for the fun post!

Thanks Julia for the info on it being in Spanish and the details… I will look for this book asap!

8. Trude says:

Just wow. I’m adding this to my wish list for whoever has a kid first! :)

9. Kate says:

Thx for introducing me to such charming children’s books. I LOVE the illustrations. My kids would love this.

10. Joanna says:

I am definitely getting “The Incredible Book Eating Boy’ for my friend who is due to give birth any day now. Hell, I need a copy for myself, too.

11. I’ve never heard of Oliver Jeffers before but his illustrations are amazing! Thanks!