gesa hansen + meg’s rope post

portrait_klein
happy wednesday morning! i’m heading off to one of my favorite flower shops this afternoon but i wanted to kick off the day with this great new desk from danish designer gesa hansen. based in paris, gesa recently debuted her “hansen family” line of furniture and this desk is the first off the line. i love the simple colored cubby holes- they make for such sweet spots to store office necessities (and remind me of a fun spin on the nelson swag leg desk). click here for more info on gesa’s work (and to check out her lovely hansen family website).

detail
detail2

rope_3
meg has another fun guest post today…all about rope! click here to check it out.

1. Meaghan says:

I love the poster above the desk. Know what it is?

2. I love Danish furniture in general. Very functional and sleek.

3. rachel says:

I love furniture like this! But one major question I have: where can I get the poster above the desk? It’s so so so cute! xo

4. Ashley says:

The desk is beautiful and I love the unexpected punch of color in the cubbies. I think I need this!

5. Christie says:

Great desk and chair! I love the fun cubbies! <3

6. meredith says:

i want the poster above the desk, too! it’s a poster for the olivetti valentine typewriter, and i’ve never seen it even though i’m constantly looking for olivetti posters. its adorable. so is the desk.

7. Austin says:

That desk seems to take a few styling cues (swooped supports, color-coded cubbies) from Nelson’s Swag Leg Desk. Either way, I think it looks great, I love it.

8. Austin says:

Oops, you mentioned that. Feel free to delelte the last post!!

9. I love the bright cubbies and the simplicity of the design. The Milk box pen holder is also super fun as well!

10. Naomi says:

I found that poster at the Victoria & Albert museum in London.

11. SaRaH says:

You can feel George Nelson has inspired Gesa, for sure.
    It’s look great anyway.
    An I adore her website!
    Thanks

12. Bex says:

That cubby-filled charmer makes me want to plop right down with my laptop and blog to my little heart’s content! Thank you for the desk/furniture spotlight.

13. Jimena says:

Love the desk, and it looks so pretty with that chair (is it an eames??) and in that room…

14. I love that desk and the hidden compartments.

15. Jill says:

i am in love with the valentine typewritter, which i do not need. but the poster. point me in the right direction…

16. Kristin says:

I actually recently ordered one of these delightful posters and am happy to share in on the secret!

17. felicity says:

i prefer this desk over the nelson swag leg desk! i dream of a chair like that (in pink) at my dream desk. i would like a panel that covers the cubby holes and flips open and lies neatly to expose them. then it would by my dream desk.

18. Ellie P.K. says:

it’s not really important, but I felt, someone should correct it.. – Gesa is from Arnsberg, which is in western Germany, that makes her not Danish but German. btw love ur blog!!