found my animal

picture-12
i had to take a quick home design time-out to mention these adorable leashes from found my animal. owner bethany obrecht emailed with these pictures and i was instantly hooked- not only because the rope leashes (using handmade rope from new england) are so sweet, but because found my animal donates 25% of their proceeds to rescue organizations. the leashes have already made the rounds on the internet, but i’m a huge supporter of adopting animals and rescue shelters (both of our cats are rescue cats) so i couldn’t resist a quick mention. also i’ve had dogs on the brain ever since spending an afternoon around sarah’s dog, nia. click here for more info and to pick up a leash. [click here for a fun under $100 pet design roundup]

122
1-3

1. Shandell's says:

I have a rescue Jack Russell, what a great cause this is. I will be spreading the word.

2. Jewelrywhore says:

Gorgeous leashes! And what a great cause!

3. casey says:

i have a rescue pup too and am all for supporting the cause. thanks for sharing.

4. Emily says:

I agree that these are adorable, and that it is a good cause, but $42 for a small collar! Can’t quite justify that, especially when you could just donate to a shelter on your own. (and usually when you adopt an animal, they already have a collar, even if it isn’t quite as stylish :) )

5. they are great! i need one for my dog. she is a ridgeback so the color will go great on her! thank you.
    happy weekend.
    p.s. love design sponge!

6. dani says:

i understand that they’re modeling the leashes, but the way they’re clipped around those pooches’ necks would choke them! seems a little odd for a company that supports rescuing animals.

7. Karen says:

The dogs look so happy! Love the leashes.

8. Christie says:

these are so fun! i love them!

9. This is a great cause. I will have to get one for Nero – for NYC the price is right and the cause is right. Good luck with the business!

Thanks so much for having a pet post. They are such a large part of our lifestyle we have to make sure we have beautifully designed items for them, like beds, collars, leashes, bag holders, I could go on…

10. Elyse says:

Oooh, how lovely! Those leashes are just sweet…my boy and I recently went to the dog pound and fell in love with a huge black lab mix! He was so mellow…but unfortunately we don’t have the room for him, and we REALLY want a Newfoundland! =)

11. Kate says:

There was a recent post on The Sartorialist featuring a girl with a dog sporting rope leash like this. It was really gorgeous and surprisingly a beautiful addition to her outfit.

12. Caroline says:

Oh, how pretty! I’ve never seen such gorgeous leashes. How cute would one of those look on a giant, black great dane?

Though I wouldn’t suggest using the leash like the 1st and 3rd dog are wearing them. I don’t have a dog, so I don’t know if that would be alright, but to me that looks essentially like a noose.

13. Eden says:

Great to have a pet post and personally I think it’s worth the money.

14. bethany says:

hi kate, that was us, on the Sartorialist. It was a special one of a kind lead we made 2 years ago. maybe we will continue making fat rope leads again.

thanks for responding!

bethany – found my animal

15. hrhkat says:

I just saw within the last 5 minutes on the sartorialist, a woman in a blue dress in nyc with the exact same leash…And the second I saw it, I just had to have it. And now I see it here!! it was like a sign lol.

16. Lissa says:

We’ve got three rescues …and one is always naughty and escaping …I think we need a few of these adorable leashes…..

What a GREAT cause.

17. Lara Harris says:

Those are pretty cool…grreat idea and grreat that they donate a portion to DOG RESCUE!:)

18. ashley says:

oooo i want to really thick one from sartorialist…please make it again. I could see the skinny ones giving me rope burn when my pups run after something. The thicker ones seems better for gripping.

19. lynda says:

oh dear…just ordered this leash 20min ago after seeing the Sartorialist link … seems I will not be getting the lovely heft I was expecting. Not certain who Bethany post is but seems you may have info as to where to special order the specific leash featured in Sartorialist photo … if so please post info to this site. given the good works of the found my animal cause i would give the 1 i just away ordered as a gift.

20. A.AJIETH says:

Please mail to What kind of leashes availability. I saw rope and leather leashes photo. Its good design