before & after: victoria’s cabinet + maria’s chairs

victoria_before
today’s first before & after comes from victoria of bumble beans quilts. she was lucky enough to find this gorgeous cabinet by the side of the road (lucky!) and spruced it up with a coat of gorgeous teal paint and patterned detail on top. click here for more details- great work, victoria!

[have a before & after you’d like to share on d*s? just shoot me an email right here with your images!]

victoriaafter

CLICK HERE to check out maria’s chair makeover after the jump!

mariabefore
this fun collection of kitchen chair makeovers comes from maria soxbo. each of her flea-market find chairs were repainted white and upholstered in a popular swedish elephant fabric from svenskt tenn. i love the cheerful, chipper look they have now. great work, maria!

mariaafter

1. Allyson says:

While I like the middle chair before, I think the combination of the mismatched chairs with a common theme looks fabulous!

2. simone says:

I love the chairs!! The uniformity created by painting and covering all with the same colors/materials makes the set amazing!

3. Claudia says:

love this color and want ot change a huntboard to it for my foyer. Great print on white chairs!!Love this blog!

4. Dannielle says:

Both great makeovers! I particularly like the chairs.

5. Jamie says:

love the color of the cabinet and love love love those chairs!

6. Brooke says:

I LOVE those chairs! and i’m really digging those svenskt tenn textiles. :)

7. Paulette says:

I agree these are great makeovers, especially the chairs. the white paint was an especially good choice as it makes each piece look so sculptural.

8. Jenna says:

Question!

How did you paint the handles? Did you have to take them apart? I have some old brass handles that need painting but I’m worried about them getting stuck with paint or just having the paint chip off.

9. Marlene says:

They are both beautiful, but I specially love the chairs.

10. Kate Stuart says:

Victoria, would you mind sharing the paint color/number for your cabinet? It’s a zinger and I love it!

11. Jennifer says:

I love the paint color of the cabinet too!

12. Shelley says:

I love when chairs are all different styles like that and made to look the same! The cabinet is really pretty too!

13. Tanya says:

I love the color of the cabinet and the arrangement around it. Those chairs are gorgeous. I want them!

14. Courtney says:

LOVE the mismatched/matching chairs!

15. Soma says:

I adore the chairs! What a great idea to add interest to a dining table! Think I might have to procure more chairs!

16. The cabinet color is incredible! How did you get the outline of the cabinet to be a dark blue? I really love this color. Thank you for sharing!

17. Shelly says:

The makeovers today are just out of the world awesome! I love how the mirrors are the same in the first picture but they are just hung differently…total genius!

18. Merethe says:

Wow! Thanks for inspiration! Never really taught of painting furnitures, really…guess I’ts time^^

19. Lissa says:

Brilliant. Both projects. Loooove the chairs especially. How easy is this??? Find some solos at garage sales that aren’t loved anymore, love them again with new sisters!

20. Anna says:

I love the idea of taking 4 very different chairs and turning them into a very unique matching set. Nice job!

21. GonsasC says:

Amazing!!!! I´m also looking for 6 old chairs do to something like this… stunning! Really works! Congrats!