whew! it’s finally friday and i am ready to pack up the car and head to baltimore to see one of my favorite people, sneak peek/pretavoyager editor anne ditmeyer, perform in the fluid movement synchronized swimming show. anne is moving to paris for grad school at the end of august (i want to stow away in her suitcase) so i’m going to soak up as much time with her and my other favorite baltimore d*s staffer, felice cleveland as possible. so i’m heading out early today to get ready, because…
next week is a BIG week at d*s! we’re introducing 5 new columns -and writers- to the site and celebrating the 5-year anniversary of d*s with a very special (and ongoing!) gift for d*s readers. so stay tuned, because on monday we’re going to hit the ground running…starting with the special 5-year anniversary surprise. until then, i’m going to head out a bit early and pack up for our baltimore trip.
in the meantime, i wanted to end the week with these beautiful invites from graphic designer erin jang. originally from seattle, erin now lives in brooklyn and produces gorgeous custom invitations (the letterpress cards above were printed by studio on fire). i’m completely smitten with her work, so i hope you’ll check out more of her custom designs right here. thanks, erin! i’ll see you all on monday- until then, a summary of this week’s highlights are below:
- must-read posts of the week: new d*s archive pages, diy upholstered toddler beds for $75, biz ladies: calculating your rate
- biz ladies 09: calculating your rate, recession advice from 10 local designers
- new city guide: boise, idaho
- new sneak peeks: elizabeth dunker, nicky of pulp creative, amy adams of perch, jill sones of fossil, kate and ryan of fossil, kathryn hunter, copenhagen chronicles (lisbet friijs)
- new diy projects: upholstered toddler beds for $75, kate’s sprouting table, amy’s painted tiles, quilted yoyo pillow, granny square art, recycled paper jar lids and pencils, mini crochet baskets, recycled paper cards + garland
- new before & afters: anne’s room + barb’s desk, kristen’s bathroom + janelle’s room, veronica’s table + jason’s bar cart, paula’s nook, purpose redesign studio makeovers
- new recipe: in the kitchen with lara ferroni’s ginger sorbet and mixed drinks
- new d*s guest blog: a week of diy projects from laura normandin!
- misc: stretch rubber shelves, new thomas paul plates, ribbon coat rack, artwork by rachel manly, angela adams doormats