under $100: office accessories

this week i’m heading down to virginia and hoping to bring back the childhood desk i used when i was in grade school. it’s a sweet little wooden desk with a simple shape and seems like the perfect place to set up d*s headquarters in my bedroom. so while i plan for the great desk move of 2009 i’m already dreaming up all sorts of ideas for home-office decoration. so i thought i’d focus today’s product guide on budget-friendly office accessories and supplies! i’ve picked over 45 of my favorite affordable-finds on the market- each one well under $100. i hope you’ll enjoy the roundup! if you’re looking for more budget-friendly content click here to check out the d*s under $100 archives.

[image above, clockwise from top left: striped folder $7.50, envelope opener $12, bone paper clips $8, bamboo desk clock $65, mad desk lamp $69.95, paperclip holder $24, wooden pen and pencil $29.95, maple sharpeners $5 each, craft scissors $55, wooden stapler $24, oriole pencil cup $18, wooden tape dispenser $35, tape dispenser $24]

[image above, clockwise from top left: kate spade notepad set $12, magnetic paperclip birdie $16, orla kiely notebook trio $14, collator $30, thomas paul desk tray $8, decorative packing tape $7.50, striped notepad $12, long list notepad $9, mouse tape dispenser $10, pencil sharpener $18, wood square magnetic bulletin board $20]

CLICK HERE for the rest of the post & the full roundup of 45+ office supplies after the jump!

[image above, clockwise from top left: english rose paperweight $68, birds of a feather bookmark $18, wood grain folders $7, dragonfly paper clips $6, julia rothman organizer $9.50, patterned binder $24, william morris folders $8.50, victoria bookmarks $18, eraser $3, italian staplers $44.95, thomas paul pencil cup $6]

[image above, left to right: midnight bloom file tote $20, anna griffin accordion file $60]

[image above: shaped wooden pinboard $59.99]

[image above: galvanized metal chalkboard cabinet $99]

[image above, clockwise from top left: ‘brocade’ office accessories at see jane work $8-$65]

[image above: rubber band set $8]

[image above, left to right: pearl ‘mark my words’ bookmark $18, steel ‘clipps’ $12]

1. oh I dream of having a desk that’s not jammed with a computer and giant scanner. Someday, I’d love to have two desks, one for computer/scanner/printer and one for kate spade notepads and such. Great round-up!!

2. Rachel B. says:

Awesome office accessories!! The tape is my fave.

3. Donna Rosser says:

Another VA girl here — and I have my desk from my old room — we have lugged it from VA to GA to CA and back to GA again :) I love office supplies! I think I prefer shopping for office supplies more than shoes. Wonderful post!

4. must have little birdy paperclip holder.
    great post! thank you!

5. abby says:

Love all of the finds! I’m a huge paper/office supply nerd and still look forward to getting new notebooks in September.

6. Kate says:

My freelancing headquarters is in need of some organization. This is perfect timing! Thanks for the lovely post.

7. oh, i’m so happy. office supplies + me = true love. thank you! thank you!

8. Jess W. says:

I must have that galvanized metal chalkboard! I could honestly probably use one in every room in the house. I get exciting just thinking about how organized it would help me be.

9. Monica says:

I love it all. Such cute stuff.

10. Great roundup! Such cute stuff! I especially love the See Jane Work items.

11. Must. have. paper-clip holder. now.

12. Sarah says:

I love the wooden tape dispenser! I have a serious weakness for office supplies and paper products.

13. I just LOVE the beautiful packing tape! It definite must have!

The Office Stylist

14. Holly says:

There are some really great finds here. When I first transitioned to working from home I went a little office supply crazy and got a lot of really great supplies and cute knick knacks for my desk only to realize that while my computer and desk setup looked awesome and very professional, I needed none of the home office stuff I got because I was taking notes on my computer, needed very little paper, and all of the super awesome pens I got were also a waste. Three years after I first started working from home and some of the stuff I got is still unused!

15. Rachel says:

Unfortunately, those bone paper clips look like penises when clipped onto paper…

see: http://www.joethepeacock.com/2009/03/aww-cute-paperclip-is-bone-wait-wtf.php

16. angela says:

the brocade metal accessories—I just bought them in turquoise from TJMaxx (no label, but they are EXACTLY the same thing as the above at ‘see jane work’). I paid a total of $17 for all three. The turqoise is gorgeous as well.

17. Bonny says:

How much do I love office supplies? There are no words, really.

18. Steph Q says:

the packing tape has me head over heels. is that weird?

19. angelune says:

by the way, you can get those “craft scissors” at many sewing shops for around $1. Please don’t spend $55 at DWR.

20. Nikko Moy says:

I am digging all the wood in the top set of objects!

21. Miss B. says:

This was too exciting for words!

22. Trendspotter says:

I love the woodgrain file folders, so cool! Also love the galvanized metal and chalkboard cabinet. Check out some more adorable school-themed accessories here: http://www.ineedprettythings.com/kick-it-old-school/

23. Claire says:

These are all so fantastic! The brocade desk accessories are beautiful; a great addition to any desk area.

24. SumaqRugs says:

I am in love with the vintage looking office supplies.

25. I was thinking I would leave my first comment since it really captured my focus. I’ll visit back here often to check for fresh articles.

26. Toners says:

Some really good stuff for a home office and great roundup. Lovely Post, thank you!

27. pop says: