under $100: budget friendly lantern guide

lanterns1
the other day a d*s reader wrote in and reminded me that it’s been a while since my last proper under $100 roundup. so i figured, why not combine my tuesday product guides with a special budget-friendly theme? so today’s product roundup is all about lanterns. i’ve included a wide range of styles and prices- but each one is under $100. most are well under $100, but i threw in a few really special pieces that might be worth the over $50 splurge if you’re looking for something to really knock your socks off. there are over 30 styles to choose from so i hope you’ll be able to find something that works for your home and budget. be sure to click “read more” below to view the full selection!

[image above, clockwise from top left: tea bowl lanterns $38+, palm tree lantern $85, kai lanterns $12.99+, butterflies lantern $55.30, cathedral lantern $58, tealight lantern $4.99 each, casablanca lantern $38, al fresco lanterns $49 for set of 4]

lanterns_2
[image above, clockwise from top left: marrakech lantern $39.99, purple lantern $25.50, seasonal lantern $180 (ok, this one is over a bit- but it is gorgeous in person- my one over $100, sorry!), carthage lantern $42+, oval eyelet lantern $13.50, green circles wire lantern $90.30, nightingale lantern $18, raspberry wire lantern $60, recycled glass hurricane lantern $78+, iittala small lantern $60]

CLICK HERE for the full budget friendly lantern guide after the jump!

lanterns3
[image above: woven lanterns $79.99 ]

lanterns4
[image above, left to right: lucky lantern $39.99, bamboo birdcage lantern $24]

il_430xn76073967
[image above, left to right: ceramic mason jar lanterns $90 for 2]

lanterns6
[image above, clockwise from top left: solstice lantern/hurricanes $25+]

lanterns7
[image above, clockwise from top left: pentagonal lantern $19.99]

lanterns9
[image above, clockwise from top left: misprint hanging lanterns $55, medallion cut lantern $12, indoor table lanterns $39 each]

lanterns10
[image above, clockwise from top left: lakeside lantern $64, lucie lantern/hurricane $25, rustic wood lantern $56+, pendulum lantern $20+]

1. abby says:

I love the ceramic mason jars! Great range of styles and prices.

2. Oh yes I’ve been bookmarking mason jar lanterns for a little while now… I love Alyssa’s work!

3. liz says:

i. love. lanterns.
    thank you for the amazing roundup!

4. Susanna says:

Hey this is great, thanks!

5. Cat says:

These make me want to throw a Summer Soiree! Great finds!

6. shelby says:

Thank you for this roundup! I’ve been dying to do a cluster of lanterns in my hopefully soon to be back yard. Definitely bookmarking this page!

7. Shandell's says:

All of these are simply made for long summer days. I am torn between quite a few as my favorites

8. Shanon says:

Wow, what a well done collection of laterns. There are so many that I’ve never seen before. Great ideas everywhere!

9. Oooh, thank you, we just got our first house and I’m building up my supply of outdoors stuff from scratch. This is perfect!

10. Melissa says:

HUGE thanks…I’ve been searching for some pretty lanterns for a long time. Now it seems my search is over….yippee!

11. Kate says:

I’m loving the idea of using lanterns. What a neat way to add a pop of color inside the house or an outdoor space.

I’ve seen them used well on tablescapes at summer cocktail parties before. Very, very cute.

12. vanessa says:

Oh my summer parties here I come

13. Krysten says:

Oh my gosh, all those gorgeous lanterns! I think I’m in love!

14. Meagan says:

Of course the lantern that immediately draws my eyes is the $180 seasonal one ;)

1. grace says:

sorry i actually didn’t mean to slip that in there, but i figured it was so cute (and 1 out of 30 affordable ones) that maybe someone would splurge on it ;)

g

15. Love lanterns and been thinking about getting some new ones for my backyard – great collection!

16. Hannah says:

But the Seasonal Lantern comes in three sizes – only the largest one is over $100. So you’re good. (My favorite too)

17. Daniel says:

All of these beats the Ikea solar cell lantern I bought a while ago. Looked better in the catalogue plus it already stopped working. Time to go old school with candles again.

18. lealou says:

if I had to pic my fav it would be the solstice bunch – soooo pretty!

19. Nathan says:

Lanterns are all great – the colorful ones really catch my eye. Wouldn’t mind mixing a few of these together into a nice centerpiece.

20. lena says:

these are all so beautiful… I want to make some of my own… soo inspired

Grace you are awesome at finding beautiful things

21. LOVE me some lanterns…not sure which are my favorites…all so fabulous.

22. Alissa says:

Love these! So perfect for summer :)

23. Xenia says:

Ohh, beautiful collection! I can’t take my eyes off of the lime green piece.

24. Love the Solstice lanterns/hurricanes but I have no needs for more lanterns. What I actually need now are some suggestions for bug repelling candles that actually work and would fit inside!

1. grace says:

nicole

front gate sells some nice basic ones: http://tinyurl.com/m7543w

g

25. URBAN SHERP says:

Such a great collection of lanterns!! Thanks so much from sharing. Also wanted to add this one from bambeco–a sculptural solar lantern, no candles or batteries required:

26. Tina says:

So fun! Love that there are so many to choose from – one for every taste.

27. Clare says:

Love these. The green ones on the first panels are zGallerie and on sale! Bravo.

28. Claire says:

One of my favorite ideas for budget lanterns is just taking tin cans and poking holes in them with nails, attach a wire to the top, put some sand and a candle in the bottom and you’re ready to go! check out

for more budget friendly ideas!

29. Mel says:

Does anyone know where to find the indoor table lanterns? I clicked on the link, but the website no longer carries them :( ….