sneak peek: lotus bleu

by

lotusbleu1
lotus bleu is a home decor and interior design company that has been shaped by designer jeannie fraise’s love of travel, artistic background, and design experience. today we have a wonderful sneak peek into jeannie’s “liberty hill” house which is a celebration of her extensive world travels with her husband and her two children from vietnam and china, and i just love the way she uses artwork to honor the different cultures.  her san francisco home in the vibrant mission district of the san francisco and sits on liberty hill, a national register historic neighborhood. don’t miss tons more images of this beautiful home here! [thanks, jeannie (and allie)!] -anne

[above: The master bedroom features art from modern Vietnamese artists collected during travels and abstract painting by San Francisco artist Lee Danziger, mixed with lighting from the south of France, vintage modern furniture and English and Chinese antiques. ]

lotusbleu2
lotusbleu3

CLICK HERE for the full lotus bleu sneak peek (including all of the larger images on one page) after the jump!

lotusbleu42

The kitchen and family room are the heart of the home, full of life with her son and daughter’s artwork and presence. Versatile furniture, bold color and pattern and unique pieces from around the world make for a lively place for eating, playing and learning.

lotusbleu51

lotusbleu6

lotusbleu7

Jeannie Fraise designed their infant daughter and son’s bedrooms to be crisp and playful, yet ageless and modern without prescribing to child-like style. She celebrated her children’s Vietnamese and Chinese cultures through modern Asian art and spirited furnishings, mixing artisan aesthetics with mid-century furniture upholstered in vibrant, graphic textiles. The clear, crisp colors connect the joyful essence of all three bedrooms.

lotusbleu9

lotusbleu10

lotusbleu11

lotusbleu12

lotusbleu13

The exterior spaces allow for more enjoyment of the great weather of which the Mission district proudly boasts. The lower garden and playhouse are seen from Jeannie’s home office work space, that houses two desks, many a filing cabinet, and where organization and tidiness abound to make great use of space, including a full set of shelves tucked into what used to be a closet.  The beautiful view of garden and play keep her feeling inspired and creative!

lotusbleu14

lotusbleu15

lotusbleu16

With a full expansive view of the cityscape from the porch just attached, this is indeed the center of this warm and comfortable San Franciscan home.

stair

1. visualingual says:

Oh, wow, I love it! So much color and texture and awesome art! Thanks so much for sharing!

2. Brie says:

outstanding…i love the balance between traditional and modern styles

3. Norine says:

the kitchen rocks. This is just such a great family home.

4. Leah says:

fantastic use of color!! i especially love the wallpaper in the bathroom. thanks so much for sharing this.

5. Renae says:

Absolutely love the bright color combos! Thank you!

6. Shelly says:

Love this home…thank you for sharing, so very inspiring!

7. kasey says:

what is the blue and orange fabric in the son’s room?

8. Heidi says:

Wow. Nice. What is that art that is hanging in the middle of all of the family photos 6 photos up from the bottom? Love. Love. Love.

9. Wow I LOVE that shower curtain..any ideas about where that is from?

10. Alexandra says:

Wow, what a perfect shade of red for the walls, and what a beautiful apartment in general. Thank you for sharing this!

11. Marlene says:

I love seeing a house that looks real people live in it. It’s beautiful, practical and warm.

12. Adri says:

I love this space! So many colors and textures. I love the nursery and that wide orange chair. Where is it from?

13. catherine reimer says:

thank you so much for featuring this home!! i love the blend of east and west…exquisite

14. Beto's Girl says:

shower curtain looks like marimekko

15. Beto's Girl says:

but wait! where is everything ELSE from?? i love it ALL!!

16. kristy says:

is lee danziger the same person who painted this http://dooce.com/daily-style/2008/02/29/abstract-acrylic-painting?

It looks like a similar aesthetic

17. DTDorrin says:

Lovely home! In the first description, I think you meant to write that you have artwork from San Francisco artist Reed Danziger (not Lee Danziger).

18. Stella says:

The shower curtain is from Anthropologie. The only reason I know this is that I am buying one off from my neighbor this evening for $25 (Normally runs $98-118). There is one on Ebay as well right now, but is no longer in stores.

19. NeenaJ says:

The shower curtain is Kaiku by Marimekko. LOVE IT! Am actually using is as curtains in my soon-to-be-nursery. It’s much more affordable than the fabric, and is the perfect size to make 2 panels.

20. Amanda says:

I call this intelligent ecclectic design :) There is a strong theme in Asian arts and interior, but then many rooms comfortably diverge from the theme without distruption. Well done! This home is very pleasing to the eyes.

21. amy says:

Can you tell me who designed the blue/grey l-shaped couch? I’ve been looking for something like it for a while…..Beautiful home!

22. This house is really excellent, the rugs in the little girl and boy’s rooms raised an eyebrow. Where are they from?

23. While the red is a little overwhelming for my taste, the use of color is so delightfully inspiring; I especially love the pink lamp on the black desk next to the orchid with the blue tapestry behind. thanks for spotlighting this home!

24. Brooke says:

love the honesty of the toys everywhere!!! Having a family – amazing! Incorporating their “needs” into a lovely space – priceless!

25. AG says:

I love everything about this space especially THE CRIB! Any idea where the crib and orange change table/dresser are from?

26. I am in love with the bathroom wallpaper! So fresh!

27. miss bliss says:

love the artwork and the marimekko shower curtain…

28. Devon says:

I absolutely adore the funkiness of the powder room wallpaper.

Would really like to know where the stair carpet is from. Love it…

29. Katie (Australia) says:

Sheek chinoise, so cool!

30. maricia says:

I really, really love every single room, textures, colours, culture and combination brought beautifully and artfully together.

There is so much range that is absolutely attractive to the eye.

The pretty colours and combinations of orange/pink, blue’s/greens, black/white and gold, including a natural wood feel also throughout – gives a classy, simple and yet easy living componant to this inviting home.

A cosy home with a past and future!

SIMPLY AN ARTFUL DELIGHT!

31. cc says:

Does anyone know where the children’s table and chairs are from? I have been looking for one for a long time and love this look.

32. sarah says:

love the use of color, especially the green bathroom!

33. knwill says:

I love this home. I am always enthralled with those that can design their home and incorporate their children so well, an aesthetic I am trying to employ in my own home.

I love the wooden toys, any sources/stores for those?

34. tree says:

The abstract painting in the master bedroom is actually by San Francisco artist Reed Danziger

35. Jasmine Kelly says:

So beautiful! Very artful… I am wondering where you found that amazing medicine cabinet in the bathroom…

36. Stacey Brawner says:

Great place- where is the orange rug in the kids’ room from?

37. Sonia says:

i love allllll your storage spaces they look great and are so order ToT i wish i could do that, and omg! your porch looks sooo great fresh and comfortable ! great place!

38. GG says:

this is so nice and organized!

39. belledame says:

the bathroom mirror is my favorite. i had no idea you get one in that shape and style.

also the bedside lamps are great. i love the balance of color, and the choices to repurpose fabrics.

40. alamodemaven says:

I LOVE LOTUS BLEU!!! The color is just amazing and makes you have a pep in your step! I thought fellow Lotus lovers would enjoy this post.