whew! it’s been a long week here at d*s. as many of you have noticed we’ve been making some changes to the rss feed in an attempt to lighten the blow of our image serving costs. i really appreciate everyone’s patience- we’re aware that images are appearing in smaller sizes (or not at all) and hope to have the issue remedied shortly. we’re looking into a number of options to keep both rss readers and regular site readers happy. if you want any more details on the situation you can click here and see my explanation in the comment section (my comments are in pink boxes). i really appreciate your patience with us as we figure out a good compromise.
in happier news, today is a day-off for some of you so i’ll be signing off early today to celebrate ac actually getting a day off from work. i hope you’ll all enjoy the july 4th holiday and i’ll see you back on monday with gorgeous new home tours, a special guest blog/home tour from sweden, a new guest blogger, and much more.
also, i’m thrilled to announce that alissa and ryan from horne (our guest bloggers for the week) will be returning every month with their “behind the bar” column. starting in august, they’ll be posting a delicious drink recipe every last friday of the month. stay tuned!
*images above and below: a lovely (and hilarious) letterpress fortune teller by sycamore street press, $8.
- must-read posts of the week: diy terrarium video with sprout home! and bar cart roundup
- weeder’s digest: seasonal with a capital S
- new city guide: salt lake city
- new product guide: bar cart roundup
- biz ladies 09: contract law (do’s and don’ts), how to form successful biz partnerships
- new sneak peeks: fiyel levent, fosters, greg merryweather, jill crawford, madison and grow, george of material culture
- new diy projects: terrarium how-to video, bridesmaid gift spruce-up, recession friendly jewelry, maya’s twinkle board, elizabeth’s mountain of a headboard, morgane’s drawer coat hangers
- new before & afters: ashley’s pallet daybed, 2 kitchens and a bath, martina’s bench and kelly’s dining room, bonnie’s stereo cabinet and megan’s nursery, diana’s bench and jessica’s facade
- misc: faceted wooden carpet, paper goods from korean studio o-check, wire storage baskets, glass and wood carafes, landshark lager packaging, prints (inspired by saipua flowers!) by katie vernon, salvaged papergoods
- new d*s guest bloggers: alissa and ryan of horne! (don’t miss their diy project, home tours and drink recipe)
- new recipe: in the kitchen with melian hammer’s haloumi, melon, and avocado salad