guest blog diy project: paper scrap projects

good morning! it’s great to be back in brooklyn and starting the day with two beautiful diy projects from our guest blogger this week, laura normandin of wren handmade.

today laura is sharing projects that are perfect for using up those leftover paper scraps you have from crafting and various household projects. in addition to colorful paper jar lids, she’s also sharing a quick and pretty project for paper covered pencils. CLICK HERE to check them out!

1. Maria says:

Seeing these makes me wish I had some paper scraps. Lovely work!

2. laura trevey says:

Great idea!!!
    I am definitely going to try these ~~

xo Laura

3. Just perfect for a pretty paper hoarder like me . . . who hates to throw out jars too!

4. Oh my! This is the perfect craft! I have so much paper lying around. Do you think it would work for fabric scraps as well?

5. Abby says:

After working at two paper stores in college I’ve saved up my share of paper scraps. These will definitely help get through the mess!

6. Jules says:

what a cute way to display jars full of goodies…thanks for passing along :)

7. WebDeb says:

This is exactly the summer project that I need this week! The hardest part will be letting them leave the house ….

8. I raelly like the idea with pencil!

9. Danielle says:

Another cool idea for paper scraps is to wrap the spine of the books on your bookshelf. It makes the books tie into the theme of the room.

10. I would like to try these but as I don’t live in the US, I don’t know what Mod Podge is. Could somebody please explain what type of glue it is?

11. @ Elizabeth
    you may know it as decoupage glue. wheatpaste also works, and good old elmer’s thinned with a little water will do in a pinch.

12. Polly says:

@ Elizabeth
    I think that PVA would work well instead of Mod Podge.

13. Kirsty Pazek says:

Laura…thanks for this DIY. Just finished a batch of 20 pencils myself…I think they will make beautiful gifts. Here is a link to the ones I created:

14. Jeni Ann says:

I tried it with fabric and polycrylic. It worked great! Thanks for the inspiration :0)

15. stef says:

what is the bast way to get the pasta smell out of my pasta jars?

16. jen says:

i have quite a bit of scrapbook paper leftover as well as a multitude of glass jars. perfect project. :)