d*s guest blog: yoyo craft

laura has a wonderful new diy project over at the d*s guest blog today. she’s working with yoyos (a quilting technique that produces little round circles of fabric) to create a beautiful pillow. click here for the full instructions!

ps: click here for the new d*s diy project archives!

1. I have a ton of yo-yo’s sitting around. I should put them to a good use like this!

2. angie says:

cute! cute! cute!

3. Oh I’m so adicted to making these!

People are always so impressed with the little badges I make, I have not the heart or inclination to tell how easy they are to make.

4. Sarade says:

I just added vintage yoyos to a shirt, and it looks fabulous. I don’t know the first thing about making them, though.

5. Leslie says:

I’m making one asap!

6. I love the yo-yo look. For some reason it makes me feel peaceful – is that weird? Thanks for sharing!

Camberley

7. Simone says:

having bad flashbacks to my great aunt showing me how to make these and make these and make these…thank you

8. trish says:

having bad flashbacks to Angela’s “fleurchons” & Jubilee Jumbles on PR.

9. i’ve always wondered how to make these. i’m going to go bet a yoyo maker tomorrow! how sweet!

10. beto says:

This is a thecnique tipical of Brazil.
    Here, we call it FUXICO.

11. OOooooohhh, how beautiful! It reminds me of my great-grandmothers quilting. She is the Shorty in Pop + Shorty!

12. My mother used to make these yoyo’s all the time when i was a child. I have always been looking for a way to bring them up to date. Well done! I also think if they were done all in the same color and pattern with a contrasting color behind…they would look fab!

Cheers-
    Marissa

13. jessica says:

grandmother made a huge blanket made with those puckered pockets its a cozy blanket that your toes can stick out of the holes haha