diy project: laura’s recycled paper cards + garland

110
i’m so sad to say goodbye to laura normandin today- she has been an amazing guest blogger and i have gotten so spoiled by her daily diy project on the guest blog. today she’s leaving us with two great diy projects: recycled paper birthday cards + garland. each one is a great way to reuse paper scraps and create something lovely with only a few spare minutes. click here to check out the full project instructions. thanks to laura for all of her hard work this week- you can visit her at wren handmade right here.

1. Ashley says:

I will have to try the garland. I love wrapping presents in craft paper with a bright ribbon, but the garland is so creative.Thanks Laura for this farewell diy!

2. The garland is so cute!

3. Margarita says:

This is very nice, I am off to check her blog and instructions. We all need to recycle more.

4. wow, very nice and incredible post.

5. Crafters100 says:

Laura, I’ve enjoyed your week of crafts and hope design*sponge invites you back sooner than later. Cheers!

6. c_tyler says:

Wow – these are totally amazing. I’m never buying greeting cards again. Thanks for sharing this super cute idea :)

7. Marie says:

I love the garland – thank you x

8. ROXY MARJ says:

Simple, clean, classic. <3

9. Marie says:

So adorable and resourceful!

10. Linda says:

This idea is wonderful, thank you for having shared with us all!

11. those presents look amazing… such a good idea! too nice to open though?!

12. i LOVE all these ways to use leftover paper scraps! so creative — and cute!

13. Janelle says:

love the garlands! i never would have thought of that…

14. Heather says:

THANK YOU! I need 2 cards this weekend and won’t get a chance to go buy any, so I’m going to try out this idea!

15. These are lovely. I remember when I did a recycling project on my blog (re-using old containers, decorating and using as pen pots) they were so popular too. I like your presents and cupcake duo cards. especially.

16. brandeye says:

these are great. i have so much scrap paper, i cant’ ever seem to throw away the scraps, so this perfect!

17. Courtney says:

I love those cards! This is definitely an idea I’ll be using; thanks for sharing it!

18. Now I know what to do with all the extra scraps of paper lying around the office. Thank you for sharing!

19. holly says:

I am staying in tonight to make COOL stuff….This is so great! THANKS for some great projects.

20. Rachel May says:

I love most things that have to do with paper, but that garland is above and beyond! What a fun touch for a gift!

21. Sherri Levek says:

Thank you! My mom’s birthday is today and I just sat here this morning and made her an adorable card with the birthday cake design. So cool!

22. Shelley says:

So cute! I love the use of garland on the gift wrapping. It would be adorable on a book cover, as well.

23. What a great way to use up paper scraps! I bet this would work well with leftover fabric too.

24. Alissa says:

These are just fantastic!

25. RobbieLee says:

Way to be green! I love the vintage look that these offer!

26. Katie Halpin says:

They are sooo clever! I love them!

27. i like the garland.I have made it before using other materials than those shown. my fave was a deco punch bear from brown velveteen ribbon machine sewn together into garland with red & green threads by the bear hand or foot or ear (whichever way it was picked up lol)
    THANKS !

28. folksmith says:

love the garlands. can’t wait to try this.

29. Skiya says:

Wow, quite a different

30. I have been fond of scrapbooking and I’m very thankful I stumbled here in your blog. This diy project is one of my favorite, thanks to laura.

31. Ashley says:

This is wonderful. Almost all the materials are recycle yet you have made like this one. I’m so excited to try this one for my friend’s birthday . thanks for sharing it. :)