graphic designer ellie snow recently got married and decided to get a little crafty when it came to her bridesmaid gifts. ellie chose beautiful earrings for each girl, but wanted to snazz things up a bit so she decided to use pieces of wallpaper from a vintage wallpaper sample book to turn the gifts from ordinary to special.
this concept could be applied to so many different small gifts- it’s a quick, easy, and affordable way to dress up store-brand presents with an extra special touch. thanks, ellie!
CLICK HERE for the full project instructions below!
[have a diy project you’d like to share on d*s? just shoot me an email right here with your pictures and instructions]
*i’ll be talking about the bridesmaids gifts from our wedding on the martha stewart weddings blog july 13th...
Here’s what you need:
1. Scraps of decorative paper or wallpaper
2. A thick needle
3. Glue Stick
4. Scallop scissors
1. Once you have your supplies, cut your cardstock down to size.
2. Use your scallop scissors to cut the decorative paper slightly smaller than the cardstock.
3. Use your needle to punch holes in the cardstock.
4. Then, glue the decorative paper (no holes yet) to the cardstock
5. From the back of the cardstock, use your needle to punch through the decorative paper. Slip the earrings in, and you’re done!
6. Afterward, I put them in jewelry boxes tied with ribbons from our wedding programs, and placed them inside makeup bags.