today’s final before & after belongs to photographer ashley campbell of ashley ann photography. ashley turned this basic wood pallet into a dreamy, colorful daybed for her soon-to-arrive daughter’s nursery. talk about turning raw materials into something beautiful- and i love that sideways door as a headboard. great work ashley! CLICK HERE for the full post!" /> today’s final before & after belongs to photographer ashley campbell of ashley ann photography. ashley turned this basic wood pallet into a dreamy, colorful daybed for her soon-to-arrive daughter’s nursery. talk about turning raw materials into something beautiful- and i love that sideways door as a headboard. great work ashley! CLICK HERE for the full post!" />

before & after: ashley’s pallet daybed

acampbell-palletbed-1

*ps: tomorrow is a holiday for many of you, but we’ll be posting on d*s as always. we’re going to post an abbreviated schedule, but stick around for a new weeder’s digest column, a new recipe, a new guest blog post from alissa and ryan and a week’s wrap up.

[have a before & after you’d like to share on d*s? just shoot me an email right here with your images]

acampbell-palletbed-2

1. melanie says:

anyone know where to find pallets like these? i have had my husband on the prowl but he says he has never found pallets like that, only those big, wide, flat pallets made from very thin, cheap wood… were the pallets made for this project handmade perhaps?

2. catherine reimer says:

this is possibly my favorite before and after. and the use of recycled, non-precious materials makes it pretty much perfect. brava!

3. Liana says:

It is perfect!

4. Imago Dei says:

This is so inventive! What a great idea. One of our favorite before/afters by far!!! Keep up the great work!

5. Karen says:

This room has become the inspiration for my little girls’ rooms. I actually already had the tissue balls…but am wondering where you found the paper lanterns??? I don’t see them at Wal Mart. Did you get those there too? Thank you! This room is AMAZING!

6. Irene says:

I built my bed on Saturday! I love it! It was surprisingly really easy and affordable!

7. Stephanie says:

Very late in the conversation (about 6 month lol) but please do whatever is necessary to keep d*s going. Love this website, and I have no idea what RSS feed is (are?).

Love the bed! I’m in University and it’s certainly not fun in these tough times. I’m going to try to maybe make one for a double bed (sick and tired of the residence single beds) ….that is if I can find pallets that are’nt pressure treated.

8. Love your day bed, I too did something similar with left over Pallets about 18 months ago – resulting in an outdoor table: http://wp.me/pIZNa-cw
    Such versatile things aren’t they!

9. Allison says:

my friend is really into the diy projects and made the ceiling fixture on her light. so cool.

10. grace says:

guys-

we’ve established that pallet wood is often dirty and coated with chemicals. any further comments seeking to attack the creator’s parenting skills or cause a panic among the readers by suggesting everyone near this is someone going to die won’t be put through. so if your comment isn’t appearing please take a deep breath and consider the tone and language you’re using. many of you have passed concern and gone straight to hysteria.

the creator of this piece is aware of the issues people have mentioned above (and the issues people bring up every time in every pallet-related project) and she has already safeguarded the piece.

grace

11. Rachel says:

I would love to know where to find the paper fan looking lanterns? please do tell! this is absolutely awesome!

12. LJ says:

What size bed does it fit?

13. I really like it when individuals get together and share ideas.
    Great website, keep it up!

14. Tania says:

Wonderful, what a weblog it is! This blog gives valuable facts to us,
    keep it up.