wedding bells + cute invites

cydinvite
even though our big day has come and gone, i still get a kick out of beautiful wedding design. so i was thrilled to hear from emily henrickson and her groom keith cotton about the cute details at their march 2009 wedding- namely their stationery.

combo
designed by mok duk, their invites had such a fun, playful feel- a mood that was carried out in other details (like the various mustache photos).

diy-wedding_lauren-andrew_invites
speaking of fun wedding invites, this fun wheel invite from lauren venell’s wedding, via do it yourself. i love the wooden details.

diy-wedding_lauren-andrew_escort-cards

and last but not least, check out this doozy of an invite below, designed by matt dorfman for his 2008 wedding. it’s long, but i love all the typefaces and getting to hear the full story of how they met, along with the actual invite. [via i do it yourself]

invite_scan_fnl1

1. Utopia says:

Ahhh!
    L’Amore! L’Amore!
    I’m crying all over this computer
    (borrowed) and my pink eyed pit
    bull Lavender!

Such a tender sweet story and invite. Thanks for sharing!

2. Maaret says:

Beautiful illustrations and colors in the mok duk invitation on the top.
    I will check out their website right now!

3. Johanna says:

I think all of us in long distance relationships now have happy, relieved smiles on our faces and a renewed sense of hope that it will all be worthwhile…!

4. Kat says:

owwwwww this is so lovely!

5. Allyn says:

That is a fantastic invite & story! I LOVE it!!! Perfect.

6. nini says:

such an romantic invitation. it makes me want to have a wedding and i really dread weddings. and the story, wow…makes me feel better about my long distance relationship.

7. trisho says:

Cyd’s is the best! and everything emily does is so charming. happy new life

8. Shayna says:

such a wonderful invitation!

9. LOVE the invite! My husband wrote a clever love snippet that we placed at each of our guests’ place settings at our reception.

10. Angie says:

What a great article! I love the first print showcased – the colours are amazing! :)

11. Lena says:

AWESOME! I love it! I love it! I love it!
    The presentation is great, but the content is what makes the presentation so great!

12. InspireMe says:

They typography on the invite is amazing – love it! (and the story of course) :-)

13. alex sunday says:

i love matt and jill’s invitation!! almost made me cry because it’s so funny and sweet and honest. :)

14. I LOVE the last invite – too cute!

15. Blake says:

Absolutely incredible, the invites, the cake, the picture, all of it. This is so fairy tale like. The picture of the two says a million words. Loving, playful, the child in the back ground, it’s original, modern, old all in one. Great.

16. susan says:

hands down the cutest invite ever. love it.

17. becky z-dub says:

don’t even know them, but i got teary reading the jill and matt invite. love it!

18. Jason says:

Lovely.
    Dinner and dancing and eternity to follow made me wanna weeeeeeep. So nice.

19. Janelle says:

Adorable. I’m a) planning a wedding and b) did long distance for five years. I’m tempted to steal the idea. So cute!

20. Jill and Matt have the cutest wedding invitations, I read the whole thing. Congratulations happy couples!

21. wow! it’s owsome!

v(^_^)

22. cute invites says:

oh … .. my cute designs like the whiskers of the bride, very creative and funny, I think unique wedding invitations … extraordinary …

23. I love these ideas! Weddings should be super playful and happy instead of so formal and boring