sneak peek: greg merryweather

by

merryweather1
pratt adjunct assistant professor of architecture gregory merryweather’s home first appeared in the book, brooklyn modern: architecture, interiors, and design by diana lind. he and his wife renovated into the small carriage house that is right across the street from pratt’s brooklyn campus that is now home to them and their two sons. the house was very simple with very few historical details, so there was little to save, and the renovation was mostly one of selective removal (demolition) rather than one of restoration. they kept their aesthetics very simple, which is complemented by their collection of vintage modern furniture and lighting. {thanks greg (and amy for coordinating)!} -anne

p.s. stay tuned in the coming weeks as we’ll be sharing several more wonderful homes from professors at pratt!

merryweather2

merryweather3

merryweather4

merryweather5

merryweather6

CLICK HERE for the rest of Gregory’s sneak peek after the jump!

merryweather7

frontduo

newcouch

1. Dana says:

I love all of these spaces, sp the first one with the cute baby!

2. visualingual says:

Ooh, I love your IQ Light! Here is a photo of mine!

3. Ursula says:

I really like how the pictures in living room are hanged. The wire mimcs the shapes of furniture (especially legs of the couch), very clever!

4. Christie says:

I love the simplicity and the floors!

5. maria says:

love the exposed beams, the white walls, and the simplicity of the overall design. beautiful.

6. What a breath of fresh air! I love the floors too.

7. Renae says:

Love the furniture–especially the dining chairs.

8. eggmountain says:

Hi Gregory,
    Love your space! I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind sharing your source for the pendant lights over your island. They’d be perfect for a project I’m working on now.
    Thanks!

9. Jeni Shirley says:

Nice photo shot into the bathroom!

10. Margaret says:

Hi Gregory,

This is awesome! Could you please tell me the name of the green paint in the bedroom with the adorable bedjumping child? Or is it two different shades of green?

Thank you!

11. Chels says:

I had so save two of your images for my *new home* folder. We are going to look for a property as soon as my husband returns from work overseas in a month and will build from scratch. I love the windows that glow above the bathroom entrance aswell as the bx wire that is exposed on the rafters. So cosy and modern.

12. greg says:

hi
    thanks for the nice comments on the house (and the kids). the paint is all benjamin moore the bedroom is 2028-50 flat on the wall and the closet is 2028-40 eggshell. its ecospec but now i would use aura or natura. we use mythic a lot also. the lights in the kitchen island are stonco industrial lights- roughlyte with a pendant mount and of course- prismatic globes.

13. teri says:

Yea for a sneak peek showcasing simple and charming design in a kid- and baby-friendly setting!

14. zinger! says:

In the picture with the table and turquoise flooring, is that Marmoleum flooring? If so, what color? If not, what is it? Thank you.

15. Julia says:

The white Swan Chair by Arne Jacobsen is just so so beautiful! I have always wanted one.

16. Mouse says:

Ceiling again: love the beams.

17. amber says:

Are the counters concrete? If so, who did them? I’ve been trying to source them w/o luck. Thanks!

18. joe says:

Can anybody ID the bentwood & wire lounge chairs in the living room (first picture)?

19. greg says:

the flooring is forbo linoleum in delft blue which i dont think they make anymore. the countertops are fireslate- they look like concrete but comes in a slab which gets cut. the wire and wood chairs are kofod-larsen chairs. thanks again for the comments.

20. Betsy says:

Great digs, bro. Your style has always seemed so clean to me.

Cheers!

21. melissa says:

Beautiful photos of your beautiful house. Makes me happy just to look at it. For people enjoying these photos: I’ve visited several times and I’d add that the light quality is very special…also the garden is an active part of the sequence of spaces…its small but with real variety and character and really quite delightful…. Greg thanks for sharing the blog!

22. Sian says:

I love this house. You can tell that the lamps/lightshades have been chosen so carefully-a difficult task to hunt out I always find.

23. Wendy says:

The coolest thing is that you can be stylish and still be very kid friendly. Beautiful.

24. evie says:

Where did you get the sofa in the first pic? It’s awesome.

25. Eva says:

whoo, i could live here. Love the chairs in the first pic and the vintage fan. Yam!

26. maricia says:

A breath of fresh air!
    Homely apartment.
    Simple, clean and easy space to live in that is modern and practical.

Yes, thanks!

27. Scotty123 says:

What a great looking townhouse, reminds me of philly.

28. christina says:

Are the ceilings done in semi gloss or gloss paint in the kitchen? Looks very pretty Greg.