sneak peek: barbara berrada

by

barbarapeek1
french photographer, artist and fashion designer barbara berrada runs the adorable children’s shop les zigouis (which you may remember from this post). in keeping with the french, her taste and styling is impeccable. we’re so happy today to share with you a sneak peek into her gorgeous home in rouen, france (about a hour and fifteen minutes outside of paris). we hope you enjoy the post and  you can find many, many more images right here. stay tuned for two more sneak peeks at noon and 1pm! [merci beaucoup, barbara!] anne

barbarapeek2

barbarapeek3

barbarapeek4

barbarapeek5

barbarapeek6

barbarapeek7

barbarapeek8

barbarapeek9

barbarapeek10

barbarapeek12

barbara13

1. Caitlin Kelch says:

Post on Barbara’s lovely ANYTHING are always my favorite. Thanks for sneaking back and sharing her dreamy home too! Very inspiring and just smiley!

2. this is gorgeous! i especially love the bright kitchen – beautiful!!

3. Love the mini footed tub! Have been daydreaming of building something like the Hinkle Shack and this would be the perfect luxurious “downsize”.

4. Laura. says:

oh, wow! love the yellow bathtub, the photos and the house are absolutely lovely. is it me, or are french things really better? :)

5. lisa h. says:

I love this. So much. Fun, casual, down-to-earth.

Fabulous!

6. nath says:

really beautiful. rumpled, colourful, lots of lovely quirky detail and treasure. love it. siiiigh.

chapeau, Barbara, chapeau!

7. Ummmm I want that tub!

8. roysie says:

I love everything about this apartment–especially the mobile in the first picture. Inspiring post, thanks!

9. The best photos ever! I love Barbara’s fun and pops of colour.
    It all makes me want to hop into the pictures, myself!:)

10. Love the colour of the walls in the bedroom, fantastic!
    And the fireplace, very brave thing to do, and looks great!

11. Ashley says:

awww i love the child’s bed and comforter, I think what really gets me is how it’s made up…with little hands :)

12. Lucy C says:

Wow! I love this house. I’ve always shied away from using really strong colours, but they work so well here. I love the fabric on the duvet covers as well. Thanks for sharing.

13. Andrea says:

That’s exactly the bathtub I’ve been looking for! Why is it impossible to find something like that in the States?

14. Jennifer says:

Wonderful use of bold color, and that bathtub is amazing! Thank you for sharing!

15. Cat says:

Oui, oui, OUI!!!!!

16. Cara says:

I LOVE the French aesthetic! Great sneak peak, I’m drooling over here!

17. Julia B says:

I love the spotty red duvet cover and the decorative cow-like kittie on the bed!

18. Marian says:

I love that everything is not perfectly neat but it still looks good!

19. oh my! i love all of this so much. i think this is my dream space. when can i move in hehe : ) x

20. RedBird says:

Love the use of the intense red walls and accents. I just found a great Benjamin Moore red for my bedroom (a little deeper than the one above), but so rich and luscious. It’s called “Caliente” – hightly recommend it if you’re looking for a red wall color.

21. carlitadee says:

Sweetness in the tub! I lurve it!

22. Loora says:

I’m so adding her shop to the list of places I’ll be visiting next time I’m in Rouen… it doesn’t happen that often, but I’ll keep track of the website.

La baignoire est magnifique !! D’où vient-elle ? Et bravo pour le rose de la cheminée, c’est pourtant d’habitude une couleur que je déteste en décoration.

23. yuuco says:

I LOVE the illustration with a sewing machine. wondering whose work it is… Thanks for sharing!

24. julie adore says:

Barbara is trop forte!
    Bravo!

25. Gretchen says:

I have that spotted orange and white bedspread! It’s a duvet cover from Ikea and it’s delightful. A bit rough and linen-y to the touch but looks more expensive than it is.

26. Rebeca says:

BEAUTIFUL! My favorite (I think, it’s so hard to choose) is the mobile in the first picture. This is probably made by Barbara and unavailable to the public?

27. Amesh says:

Love love love the throw with printed pennant banners on the grey sofa! oh please tell me where can i get a fabric similar to that?

28. Barbara B. says:

Big thanks everybody !!!
    (I am so late , sorry)
    Amesh, the banners fabric has been found at IKEA (but last year I think)

29. sunny says:

I love everything about this house! the colors are stunning and it all looks so homey!

30. Veetje says:

Superbe! Wonderfull pictures!

31. Rachel says:

dear barbara, what is the name of the paint you used in your kitchen? i live in southern california, and find myself endlessly inspired by our bountiful citrus, and would love to reflect that with a similarly warm and spectacular color!