new: trove window films and wood veneer

i first saw trove‘s nature-inspired work at the 2006 icff and was instantly smitten with their colorful, but sophisticated, wallpapers. so i wasn’t surprised to find that i also love their latest collection of window films and wood veneer.

trove’s new window film is a self-adhesive design that comes in three different textures, for varying degrees of opacity (and privacy). i love with their butterfly print (above) and am hoping to convince ac to let me use it in our bathroom. on a different note, i would like to know where that room above is and when i can move in.

trove also recently introduced a new line of printed wood veneer wallcoverings, made from renewable materials. they have that warm glow that comes from wood feel, but without the obvious wood-grain effect that you often get with veneer. so lovely.

click here to check out both of trove’s new additions online and to contact them about purchasing…

1. laura trevey says:

I love these window films…. light and airy…

2. Kate says:

Hi Grace, they also have really stunning wall to wall carpeting of their designs…

Thanks for sharing!

3. Becky says:

A far cry from those creepy geometric window films my grandma had in her basement! These are lovely!

4. I recently read about these (Met Home? Dwell?) and love love the birds–it’s as if you can hear their gentle fluttering. How swell to have that in your pad?

5. megan says:

these window films are fantastic! i also love the butterflies–i think i may need them for my bedroom. :)

6. anna says:

Fantabulous and so much prettier than the usual.

7. The window films are amazing! So lovely.

8. jose says:

sadly, there’s no there there. on the trove site, there’s just two photos (the same as above) and no details on size or pricing. at least, not on the ‘new products’ page to which you’ve linked.

9. I love the films and how minimally invasive they are in small spaces!

I can’t see the bird one without thinking of this picture taken of a window at my mom’s house. The poor bird left behind a print of itself when it tried to fly into a window.

10. chayo wilson says:

Thanks for this tip…I ordered samples right away!!!!!!

11. INCREDIBLE window films! Wow!

12. cajeta says:

I clicked on the link and couldn’t get any specifics about pricing for the window films. anyone know?

1. grace says:

Wallpaper is $13 square foot [retail]
      Window Film is also $13 square foot [retail]- super easy to install.
      Wood Veneer $45.00 square foot [retail]

(thanks to marlene for the pricing)

13. Regina says:

That pic of the bird print on the window is amazing!

14. Andrea says:

this site prices the veneer at $35/sq. ft.

it’s exactly what i’ve been looking for for my crummy not-closet area in my bedroom!

15. Annie May says:

Oooohhhh! I was just looking at these yesterday! Makes for a much better view than the stained stucco on my neighbors house!! Love it!

16. courtney says:

For months I have been looking for something to cover the windows in my closet, and this is perfect!! I love these window films, especially the butterflies!

17. cajeta says:

Wow…my one window is 8 sqr feet so this film would be like $104. I’d love to see pics in a real persons house! Can anyone guess if it would block my neighbors from seeing into my house at night (when i have the lights on)?

18. kim says:

@cajeta – i have semi-transparent windowfilm in my bathroom (not these though, a birch/leaf pattern that’s less opaque then these) and no-one can look in, ever.

19. Love the butterfly print, gives off a very warm feel. Fantastic without taking away from the rest of the room.

20. PJ Hoover says:

Beautiful, Where are they sold? I didn’t see prices or a way to purchase them on the site. These window coverings would be the perfect compliment to my Decorative Wall Treatments. Beautiful, I want some for my own home!

21. Evelyn Garver says:

Saw an ad for Azha (butterflies) window film. Do you have a catalog? Thak you. Evelyn Garver