kitchen love…

_mg_7417
in the kitchen with is on vacation this week (kristina is in amsterdam, lucky!) so i thought i’d share some beautiful photos from artist bobbie burger’s kitchen. talk about color- woo! that would be one cheerful place to make dinner every night.

_mg_7467
bobbie’s paintings give the kitchen a bold blast of color- i love the way she isn’t afraid to inject some seriously intense color into her home. if you’d like to see more of bobbie’s work, you can contact the bau-xi gallery in vancouver which represents bobbie. thanks, julie! [all images from canadian house and home, may 2009]

_mg_7467-2
_mg_74672

1. ohh I loooooove the yellow oven! Love love love!

2. Jessica says:

If I walked into a house and it had that stove. I would buy it on the spot. Not that I am partial to yellow or anything…

3. kim miller says:

Amazing kitchen! Awesome use of color! No way does the counter need color…that would be over done and would detract from the perfection.

4. susan says:

As a certified kitchen designer, I’ve tirelessly advised my clients to think in terms of decorative layers and to include artwork, REAL artwork, in the kitchen! This is a wonderful kitchen. It sings, it’s joyous, it’s happy! I love to see a kitchen that is connected to art in a significant way. Love it!

5. Rain says:

I am digging the yellow stove and the wooden table. So yummy!

6. Lisa Murphy says:

Thanks so much for featuring Canadian House & Home! Feel free to link to us. This kitchen was featured online: http://www.houseandhome.com/design/photo-gallery-yellow-rooms

7. Pollyanna says:

if the walls are light yellow, cabinets are white, what color should be my countertop? can anyone help?

8. Joan says:

love the yellow stove, love the paintings

9. Roy, Marie-France says:

Que c’est beau, les couleurs me ravissent