before & after: heike’s outdoor hideaway

heikebefore
today’s final before & after belongs to d*s reader heike from sweden. after having new windows installed, heike was left with pile of old windows. rather than have them continue to take up space in her workshop, heike decided to reuse them for an entirely new project: an outdoor hideaway.

heikeduring
after some planning, handy-work, and help from friends, heike created this incredible outdoor hideaway that’s perfect for enjoying the summer weather and catching up with a good book (or with friends over a drink). it’s so great to see people who are inspired by something seemingly left over and fit for the trash- and end up imagining (and creating) something new and beautiful. thank you to heike for sharing!

ps: just a reminder- sarah‘s weeder’s digest column is moving to friday so stay tuned for her new post tomorrow afternoon.

[have a before & after you’d like to share on d*s? just shoot me an email with your pictures right here and give your email the subject: “before and after”]

heikeafter

heikeafter2

1. thatbeegirl says:

what a gorgeous space, and a lovely reuse of materials!

2. Beth says:

How spectacular. I want one. :)

3. Tatom says:

Where are these chairs from? Everyone has commented on them but no one has mentioned. I think this is incredible!

4. Jen says:

Those chairs are from IKEA.

5. Laurie Klaue says:

This is so inviting – I love it. All it needs is a goldfish bowl and a couple of plants – awesome!

6. Lynn says:

This is sooo terrific. Now I just have to find someone who is replacing their windows! Oops, AND, someone who can build the house, LOL!

7. Sherri says:

WOW this is such a brilliant idea ! and I LOVE those pink chairs – they really POP with all that white – its too cute !

8. i want it – the perfect office place/play space/ be place

9. Stephen says:

What a great idea! I love the simplicity of it – great for sitting out in the sun, but also for sitting out and staying dry in the rain.

10. Sarah says:

I LOVE THIS!!! I found a ton of windows on craigslist (for free, SCORE!) that I snatched up just to do something like this. Incredibly awesome.

11. cheri says:

do you have the plans for this for sale. if so i would love to purchase them… i have to have someone make it for me so they asked if i could get the plans.let me know. thank you