weekly wrap up + emily eibel

stilllife
the design season madness kicks into full gear tomorrow so i’m heading out today to get myself ready for 5 full days of design show after design show. tune in on monday for icff coverage, followed by the stationery show and surtex- it’s going to be a packed week! until then, i wanted to add some artwork that i’m currently loving from artist emily eibel. based in brooklyn, emily makes really interesting stitched artwork. click here for more information and here to shop her work online. until monday, i hope you all have a wonderful weekend! below is a summary of this week’s highlights:

[ps: thanks to readymade for the fun party-free interview today]

butterface
apothecary
flyflower
nightwatchman

1. kiki says:

oh beautiful!! Something about these have such a Saddle Creek feel…i really like them!

2. I love Emily’s work!

3. Cindy says:

those are all so so great!!!

4. I love your site!! Have been a fan for a long time. These ar just charming.
    Deborah

5. Elyse says:

Did she do the music video for Bright Eyes’s “Bowl of Oranges?” These remind me of that so very much. =)

6. kate says:

These are rad!

7. those really are so unique and singularly lovely! i love how she takes the general notion of folk art and really kicks it into a whole other stratosphere. amazing as usual!
    xo Katherine aka. Urban Flea :-)

8. Bonnie says:

Just wanted to thank you all for all the hard work you do! I really really enjoy reading the varied and interesting posts. Honestly this site makes my day!

THANK YOU!!!!! & I hope you all enjoy your weekend too!

9. It’s cool to see someone really “drawing” with stitches and fabric. Interesting work!

10. Bee says:

This are really great. Reminds me of Alfred Hitchcock movies.

11. Ali says:

I really look forward to your entries! I saw a stop motion of a girl dressing in various pieces of a designer’s collection. Was this on your blog? I’m desperately trying to find this!?

12. brijesh says:

interesting view on patchwork….

13. I’m really liking these embroideries! Really inspiring

14. colorbuzz says:

Wow! Great spin on needlework! Can’t wait to see more…

15. what a beautiful blog! i can’t believe i have never been here before. i have lots of exploring to do!!

16. Emily’s work is just fantastic!

17. What gorgeous work! So inspiring!

18. Laura says:

I LOVE Emily Eibel! It’s nice to see her getting some recognition :)

19. wow love her work. thanks for the introduction.

20. paola says:

this works makes me fall in love again with thread and needle!! the wonderful is use them instead of a pencil or a paintbrush!!

21. Looking at all of this makes me want to jump out of the top of my head – in a good way. WOW! cool stuff.