weddings: floral focal point idea

senter003
i love looking at weddings that have unique design elements to them, so i thought i’d share a few fun decorating ideas from this beautiful wedding today. photographer ashley garmon sent over these photos of sarah senter’s wedding and i loved the ways sarah and her husband used a simple flower display rack filled with roses as the focal point for their aisle. it’s such a simple idea, but it looks so striking behind them, and then as guests left, they were free to take roses with them as favors. i’d love to try this with huge flowering cherry blossom branches, or some other leggy stems, but these roses are perfect for a wedding. i hope you’ll like the rest of sarah’s wedding details (including wedding invitations by alyson fox, a good friend of sarah’s) below. thank you to ashley garmon for sharing these photos with us.

[if you’re looking for more floral ideas for your wedding or home, check out sarah’s how-to video for weeder’s digest this week]

senter025
invites
rings
senter-111
senter-017
senterholga4border

1. Stacey says:

so many lovely details, the light on the bride in the last photo is romantic and beautiful…gorgeous wedding

2. Jay Tee says:

This wedding is lovely, lovely, lovely. When I have one, I want it to be like this one. And I love all those roses.

3. so sweet and lovely! love the rose display

4. anna says:

What is the wooden box filled with? Are those notecards from guests?

5. Rosebud says:

I love the idea of the address file! Do you know what type of cards were placed in there? Could guests leave notes?

6. Priya says:

The photography is really amazing. Great shots!

7. Kristen says:

Where are the rings from? I’m getting married soon and have been looking for rings like these.

8. Keri says:

So pretty…I love the dress! Where did you find it? Or is it vintage…?

9. natalia says:

her dress is amazing, perfectly matched with those necklaces. best wishes for them!

10. mmm…I get a very romantic vibe over me when I look at these pictures. very lovely. I love the idea of presentation of the flowers.

11. Renae says:

Awwweeee. So personal…that’s what weddings should be about right?

12. Kara says:

Sooooo pretty! I love her dress and the sweet drawing:)

13. Dana says:

Those flowers are just lovely!!

14. Bethany Rose Hildenbrandi says:

That dress is just beautiful! very classic!

15. Julie says:

I love that last photograph. So romantic and sweet.

16. Annie says:

Stunning dress.

17. Lu says:

Why haven’t we seen any photos of your wedding yet?

1. grace says:

lu-

i explained earlier- our wedding is going to be in the fall issue of martha stewart weddings, so we’re not allowed to share photos until the issue hits stands.

grace

18. Such a gorgeous wedding. I have to know where her wedding band is from!

19. Such beautiful photographs, especially the last one. If I had mine to do over…

20. jodi says:

i love everything about this. makes me want to have a do-over wedding.

21. so gorgeous. im just starting to gather ideas for my wedding!! it is going to be a 1920’s theme and so many of the details in the picture are perfect!

22. jessica says:

Oh, what a beautiful dress! I’d love to know more about it…

23. jj says:

SO beautiful. the bride, and the photography!! i love garmon’s work!

24. everything is awesome!! great photography!!

25. Jess says:

Where is that wedding band from? I love it!

26. MidwestElle says:

Ooh, that rose display is wonderful. It’s so much more creative than an arch!

27. Sarah Jane says:

Perfection!

28. Christina says:

Beautiful! Love the dress & necklaces together! Perfect!

29. Sarah S. says:

Hi everyone! This is so fun for me to see our pictures here… we just got back from honeymooning and what a surprise!
    Fyi: the dress is a John Galliano i found randomly at Neiman Marcus Last Call, and knew it would be perfect with just a little bit of work, mainly changing out some of the buttons and making a belt for it.
    My wedding band is from Erie Basin, a shop in Brooklyn with a website that i Love; Adam’s is from Eliza Page, a shop in Austin where we live, and the designer is Jamie Kelsch. Thanks for all your super sweet comments!

30. Joanna says:

Wow, this wedding in particular sure got around in the blogosphere! Still beautiful.

31. Abby D. says:

Sarah S. I am in love…madly with your dress. i’ve been looking all over for something similar. my fiance and i would like to have a small, using reused items at our wedding. obviously, i’m searching for a used dress. Would you be interested in selling your dress for a great cause?! :)
    cheers,
    Abby D.
    email me @ cheersabby@gmail.com if you could. thanks!

32. natalia says:

what a gorgeous dress!

33. Ronnie says:

I have a wedding band like the one in the picture. It’s 24K gold. It was purchased at Hummingbird Jewelers in Rhinebeck, NY

34. julia says:

Can I have the exact same wedding? I provide the groom, of course :o)

35. Kelly says:

I recognized the card file right away. It’s from lovelydesign. I love Sharilyn’s work! Beautiful wedding!

36. Gina Dudics says:

What a gorgeous wedding. I hope to get married in my hometown of Austin one day – maybe I will have mine at Laguna Gloria too! It is great to see such simplicity and creativity together.

37. I love the whole look and feel of your wedding!!! You are beautiful! Those roses are spectacular–you’ve inspired me. May I ask the name of them? My florist says Esperanza, but I don’t think they are. Help?

Thank you. :)

38. Gwendolyn says:

Miss Perfume: if you’re referring to her bouquet, I believe they’re called Amnesia roses. I used them for my wedding and they’re absolutely stunning and quite hardy-my bouquet and arrangements lasted over a week!