wedding bells: a shop horne wedding

wed1
i absolutely adore getting a peek at well-designed weddings so i was thrilled to hear from alissa and ryan at shop horne about their recent nuptials. after seeing their incredible sneak peek (which is, to this day, one of my top three favorites) i was curious to see what sort of beautiful decorations they would come up with and of course, i was not disappointed. this is one of the most beautiful weddings i have ever seen. i’m so thrilled that alissa and ryan, and their wedding photographer jose villa, were kind enough to share these images with us. i hope you’ll enjoy the beautiful design details as much as i did. before we launch into the images and alissa’s descriptions, i just wanted to add that alissa and ryan’s wedding took place at san ysidro ranch in montecito california, was designed by lisa vorce of oh, how charming!, their flowers were designed by mindy rice of mindy rice floral design, and photographed by jose villa.

ps: there are WAY too many pictures here to edit them down to any fewer than 20, so please be sure to CLICK HERE (or click “read more” below) to see the full set, which continues well after the jump!

wed2
[The tumbleweeds were handpicked by my mother and father in West Texas and shipped to California for the wedding and I think they were an awesome addition to the decor (especially those that were done chandelier-style). ]

wed4
wed5
[Evan and Christine of Yellow Owl Workshop did all of our wedding paper products and I want to hug them and kiss them everything was so beautiful! Chris even hand painted our menus and our invitations!]

wed6
wed7
000037-r01-007
wed9
[The little silver cups that you will see in some of the images were made by Miranda Meilleur (they have our wedding date inscribed on the bottom) and were our wedding gift to our guests. HORNE will soon be carrying her silver bowls]

CLICK HERE for more beautiful photos from Alissa and Ryan’s wedding after the jump!

wed10
wed11
[Our rings but they were made by Ted Muehling (Ryan’s favorite Jeweler) as were my earrings.]

wed13
wed14
wed15
wed16
wed8

1. sara says:

So beautiful. I didn’t realize that I was holding my breath until I got to the end. The wedding must have been amazing in person.

2. Sheila says:

The pillows on the pews is a brilliant idea! It makes the guests feel cozy and comfortable in what normally feels like a formal event.

3. Elyse says:

How amazingly beautiful!!!

I LOVE the old pews outdoors…

4. jenny says:

This is truly the most beautiful wedding I have ever seen photos of in my life. Seriously. Bums me out that all my husband and I had money to do was a courthouse wedding.

5. sara says:

this is so beautiful! really elegant….
    i think what is being perceived of as “expensive” is actually just good taste. thoughtfulness and creativity can go a very long way, which is very apparent here. congrats to ryan and alissa!

6. This is absolutely gorgoeus!!

7. brita says:

Amazingly beautiful! I can’t believe people still have tacky “bling”-ed out weddings when there is the option to make its so personal and special. These guys have taste- the menus, the rings, the tea-stained ribbons! swoon.

8. nosideup says:

It’s stunning!
    Love the blue upholstery on the armchair!

9. Hello Everyone!

Thank you so much for kind words. This was the best day of our lives and we are so glad we can share the images with everyone. We were fortunate enough to work with some amazingly talented people that helped us create this very intimate affair (45 people) so we also want to say a special ‘thank you’ to everyone who helped us make our wedding day great.

KG – The dress is a Peter Som dress (not really a “wedding dress”) made from cotton! It was so comfortable.

10. This is such a creative yet classy wedding. It does not feel pretentious at all. Everything is in the small, unpredictable touches.

11. colorbuzz says:

Thank you for showing us how pure and causually elegant a wedding can be. The details express the joy and realness of the day!

12. We love those bird bags! Cute!

13. Iva says:

oh my! everything is sooo beautiful!

14. MelBean says:

Quite obviously the most charming wedding I’ve ever known of! Congrats, it really seems that your love and personality is only emphasized by the design of your wedding. Charming, thoughtful, stunning.

15. bitter single girl says:

This melted my bitter single heart, weddings can seem so excessive but everything here seems to serve a purpose and there is no mass-produced crap. I’m off to update my match.com profiles, what keywords would snag me a man like that?

16. junel says:

this is so lovely! simple, yet it is screaming with love and personal style. i love the little paper packets!

17. Christina says:

The most beautiful wedding photo I’ve ever seen!

18. Katie O'Toole says:

I love these!!! So amazing!!

19. Lovely, Lisa you rock it every time! Jose you are sooooooo good. Sometimes I wish we lived in LA so we could have access to the lovely rentals you all have.

20. I am loving all of your photos & interesting ideas – I will definitely send my brides to this blog for awesome ideas :)

21. What great ideas. Thanks for sharing. I’m going to some people to look at this blog.

22. maggie says:

i second all the compliments said up to this point… but i have one question: where did you get your cake stand?! i want—NEED—that stand!

23. designite says:

I have a friends wedding coming up, where I have been asked to do the invitations and seeing these has certainly given me a lot of inspiration. Jose Villa should be proud of the photographs. Fantastic.

24. Jess says:

Wow. My wedding is just 3 weeks away, and I’ve got lots of little handmade touches happening – this was just inspiring!!

25. lola says:

will someone please tell me where i can find such a beautiful chandelier as the one over the cake? it makes my heart flutter! :)

such a darling venue & so thoughtfully appointed!

26. Willa Kveta says:

Such pretty images and blog! thanks for sharing!

27. Maitri says:

Maggie: I found a similar looking cake stand at: http://estore.websitepros.com/1926304/Detail.bok?no=1850 for $109, “Square Embossed Silver Plated Cake Plateau.” Calling it a cake plateau makes me giggle.