sneak peek: jessica lynch

by

lynchpeek1

our next sneak peek comes to us from jessica lynch of slow shirts who made a SERIOUS splash with her before & after industrial fireplace. turns out the rest of her home is pretty fabulous as well. i’m definitely loving the richness of the color choices combined with the natural wood. click here for more great images! [thanks so much, jessica!] -anne

lynchpeek2

Escaped Wolf screen print by Phil Elverum, Old drive in Theatre photo by  Flint Jamison. Vintage arrows from HelloVictory.  [click here for more on the fireplace].

lynchpeek3

lynchpeek4

This is a close up of one of  our new stools we have been collaborating on with local woodworkers and blacksmith here on Guemes island.  We screen print the color layer,  laser on top our illustration, then hand ink the engravings in different colors.  This is our ship in a bottle design.

lynchpeek5

lynchpeek6

This bathroom took me and about seven other people over two years to finally finish.

lynchpeek7

Large 1980 aerial photograph of Valdez shipping terminal in Alaska,  found at our local kiwanis thrift store.  Black iron eagle from some ones garage.

lynchpeek8

lynchpeek9

[right: Starting from the bottom,  Muffler diptych painting by Bliss,  the target-drop screen print by Aesthetic apparatus,  small teal square painting by Aaron Power,   laser mountain painting by Deth P. Sun,   and at top, screen print of red seiner boat by slow loris .]

lynchpeek10

lynchpeek11

lynchpeek12

We get about 50% of our electricity and hot water from the sun.

1. Purple Area says:

Great house, very inspiring!!

2. your house is my brain

3. Desira Pesta says:

I stayed at this beautiful and quirky abode for about a week and never felt more comfortable, visually stimulated, nor humbled by the beauty of the nature the home sits in and around than here. Every detail in this home was handpicked by Jessica and it was an absolute treat to be able to spend time there. Much love.

4. N. Bassett says:

I love the toilet! It’s very sleek and modern. What brand is it? If you don’t mind, I’d love to know how much it costs. Thanks!

5. Mouse says:

Mmmhm, I think I remember this fireplace. Glad to see the rest of the place is cool enough to match!

6. shoshonasnow says:

Wow, gorgeous! So well put together, stylish and comfortable. A true HOME.

7. Jessica says:

CK- i think those pillows were from ikea, it was a few years ago, so i may be wrong.

Ab- the Danish table i found on ebay also a few years ago, & got it send to me cheap too via greyhound! It has 2 leaves for big parties. The chairs were my grandmothers that she bought at an estate sale in Pennsylvania quite sometime ago.

StacyZ- Yes dust bunnies, dog fur bunnies, I got ‘em all. It’s a never-ending battle around here.

8. Novi says:

A lot of thought went into this home, furniture, artwork, colors… everything! Thank you for sharing. It’s truly amazing! I’m so inspired.

9. Christina says:

Wow! Gorgeous home!

10. Jesse Lu says:

Love the bathroom and the barstools. Totally rad.

11. kara says:

love,love,love the fireplace, but poor matthew feyld in the loo! (looks good tho)

12. Audrey says:

Glad to see the T-shirt biz is treating Jessica well. She’s got a lovely house and some great thrift and flea store finds.

13. picklemam says:

you just simply rock!!!!!!!!!
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

14. Jessica says:

MAtthew Feld has made it out of the loo as well, and into the kitchen. Don’t worry Kara, i’ve got a lot of his pieces to go around!

N. Bassett- the toilets are made by Toto, and are dual flush. I bought three at once from a discount warehouse and got them for half of what they retail. I think they regularly go for around $250. a piece. Worth looking around at discount home stores. I did this for just about everything in my house and saved a lot of money! A lot of searching, but very worth it.

15. Laura says:

Where did you get the holder for the apples? love it.

16. Tiffany says:

wooow! I can’t wait till to make enough money to make all my design dreams come true – like this! LOVE it!!

17. Sue says:

This is fabulous! I love everything I see! Well done!

18. Jessica says:

Hi Laura, the apple holder is just a little wooden canoe type object i found at a garage sale.. Funny thing is, it was in a fire and the side against the wall is burnt, but i didn’t care and snagged it up for .25 cents anyway :)

19. Laura says:

Thanks Jessica. And what a bargain you bought! :)

20. MaryAnn Kohl says:

You are a very lucky monkey. And you’re so young to have such a fabulous place! Many adults only dream of this. Good job selling Tshirts!!!!!

21. Jessica says:

Actually, it’s going to take me 37 more years of selling t-shirts, and then i’ll officially “Own” it. :)

22. efia says:

perfect home. love the paint choices. I take inspiration from your home into my own. Sometimes it takes a while to get it how you want it. Congrats on your efforts.

23. Kristin says:

Jessica your home is gorgeous and makes me miss Washington just that much more! (we moved to Utah two years ago for a job.)

This is so uniquely NW… just beautiful.

24. Michu says:

i LOVE iT !!!! :D

25. ems says:

i love your bathroom! :)

and you’re so lucky to have that view in your dining room

26. Emanuel says:

Hai Jessica,
    What a beautiful house, view and everything!!
    I’ll ask you the only question that hasn’t been asked: what kind of wood is on that floor? such a beautiful color and texture

27. Jessica says:

Hi Emanuel, thanks for the kind words, the floors are tigerwood.