sneak peek: blanca gomez

by

blancapeek5
today we’re traveling to madrid to the home of the talented illustrator blanca gomez of cosas minimas (which translates to “tiny things”). her work is often described as colorful, playful and whimsical, so it’s so fun seeing those bits of fun work their way into her home (which doubles as her studio). we’re so glad to have her for a sneak peek today, and she made us laugh with her own realization, upon reflecting on the pictures, that the majority of objects in her home were “stolen” from her family, found in the streets, and then topped off with work by her friends. no matter the source, we love her place! don’t miss her latest work right here, and check out the rest of the peek after the jump, along with additional images. [thanks, blanca!] -anne

[image above: Workspace detail. Poster by Studio Violet and old typewriter found in my street.]

blancapeek6
the red bedroom. It’s time already to change that poster, but I really love it. I bought it in London so many years ago. I love too the little rufus, a present from a friend, the stuffed creature is made of cherry pits.

blancapeek3
Some friends and mine art on the wall.

blancapeek4
I found this plant in the street too (it was a little branch). Behind the plant, one of my collages.

CLICK HERE for the rest of Blanca’s sneak peek after the jump!

blancapeek7
Big screen print by a collective of artists and friends (Lindane) and lamp from a flea market… Workspace – detail. Some small things. I change the items in the wall very often. I love the vintage japanese robot. He sparkles when he walks!

blancapeek1
blancapeek2
[above: View of the living room. The red sofa and the table are from Habitat, the other sofas are from the streets in Madrid!. ]

blancapeek8
Workspace II . Again, I found the chair when I was walking in the streets and I saw a hairdresser that was closing its doors. It’s the more comfortable chair ever :)

blancapeek9

blancapeek10
Penguin poster (actually, paper-wrap from Saatchi Gallery, 2 pounds, a bargain :D) and a plant that my grandmother gave me.

blancapeek11
The views from my window. Sometimes I think it’s like living in a village, but in the center of a big city.

1. renee says:

i love blanca gomez’s work! what a treat to see inside her nicely decorated home.

2. juice says:

I love this modern look! Looks comfy for a modern home. I have to say you’re more disciplined in your color scheme than I could ever be.

3. S.Lemon says:

Always nice to see the space of an artist whose work you enjoy.

4. I like how she has all of her wall decor in smaller sizes. I typically don’t buy a lot of artwork because I don’t have a lot of wall space and feel like they should always be in larger sizes. I might try this – if for nothing other than to be able to buy more artwork:)

5. Janine says:

We are so grateful to Blanca. Her cover illustration for the first issue of UPPERCASE was absolutely perfect.

6. sarah says:

I’m a very proud owner of one of her work ,bought on Esty. I’m so please to see her home. It’s like knowing her better.
    Thanks you.

7. Oooh, jealous of that penguin poster.

8. becky z-dub says:

oh god. I love this woman. we bought five of her illustrations a couple of months ago. we were going to buy one and couldn’t decide so we bought five! they are in our living room in a straight line hung with vintage pant hangers. we get so many compliments on her work. can’t say enough good stuff. love her place!!

9. nath says:

love it. what a great eye!

10. shalini says:

I love the graphic touches everywhere.

11. Jayme Ludwig says:

So, so SOOO jealous of the Blow-Up poster. It’s probably an original too. I would die for that thing, except then I wouldn’t be around to enjoy it. Awesome house.

12. erin says:

blow-up poster, ok. but in the bedroom? has she seen this film?

13. veronique Mcaree says:

Where is the desk from? The chair, ok, i’m going to keep my eye out for hair salons going belly up. Lovely place!!

14. LuxeMutt says:

Your work makes me so happy! Your space is just as wonderful.