sneak peek: amanda orcutt of amandromeda

orcutt1
today’s first sneak peek belongs to amanda orcutt of siloam springs, arkansas. amanda runs a beautiful online shop, amandromeda, that specializes in vintage furniture and home accessories, and recently- with the help of her husband and a contractor- renovated the top floor of a 100 year old building in historic downtown siloam springs. i was instantly taken with amanda’s home (especially the hammock in the living space), each space has a wonderful mix of new and old objects and an open, lofty feel that would make any tiny apartment dweller envious. thanks to mark jackson of mark jackson studio for lending us these images of amanda’s home- i hope you’ll enjoy amanda’s home as much as i did.

orcutt2
We live above a flower shop in historic downtown Siloam Springs, AR. This building is over 100 years old and previously there was nothing up here. My husband Matt grew up in Bolivia and the hammock in the lounge area (top image) is from there.

orcutt3
I bought my entire kitchen on eBay the only exception is the fridge and it’s a hand-me-down from my parents that we covered in chalkboard paint and my son, Isaiah, loves to draw on it (see additional image after the jump)! My dad built my dining table.

orcutt4
The claw foot tub in the master bath was found in another building down the street and I got it for free. All I had to do was get it re-glazed and buy new plumbing hardware.

orcutt5

CLICK HERE for the rest of Amanda’s peek (including additional, full-sized images) after the jump!

orcutt6
orcutt7
orcutt8
The chandeliers in the master bedroom and bath were my grandmother’s.

orcutt9
orcutt10
orcutt11
orcutt12
The words painted on the wall above the bed in the master are lyrics to the song my husband Matt wrote me and sang in our wedding.

1. Kate says:

This makes my heart pound. I absolutely love the countless contrasts… must be like living in a visual playground. Thank you for the lovely contribution, amanda and grace!

2. Mel says:

beautiful home accompanied by a beautiful scripture on the fridge :)

3. Peter says:

FanTASTic
    Congratulations on such a great space

4. clare says:

I love all the words, and how they all express love. Love for God and family… it’s really beautiful :)

5. Jeremy says:

Wow! What street is this on?
    I’m a JBU alumni, so Siloam has a fond place in my heart. So many cool old buildings there. Great space, very nice work.

6. gena biello says:

I just came across your post! What an amazing place. I especially love the kitchen. I have been tossing around the idea of painting our basic model white fridge with chalkboard paint, and this may have inspired me to take the plunge. It looks fantastic! Where did you get the hardware for yours? Thanks for your time!

7. Tova says:

Are you an Oregon fan or alumni? I love the “o” in the kitchen!

8. Calli says:

I’m from Siloam Springs, AR, and I always hoped people would take downtown over and make it chic and adorable. Thanks for doing this! Living in NYC makes me miss small town charm.