icff 2009: designboom mart

flower
the designboom mart at icff is always one of the most interesting portions of the show. independent designers, student designers, and newcomers get to show a small selection of their wares and it’s often one of the best spots to find great new designers. above and below are my favorites from this exciting section of the show. [image above: plastic egg carton vases by oiti]

bowl
dsc08403
i LOVED these ceramic bowls and cups from studio make. the subtle drips on the edges were so, so lovely.

innermessage1
such a fun design- ‘inner message’ rings that leave subtle imprints on your finger saying “will you marry me” or “i love you”. by yoon jung yun.

dsc08378
another clever idea- a framed shelf that turns any book or objet into instant artwork. by think of the.

dsc08434
incredible bracelets from the talented team at nervous system.

dsc08407
such a lovely combination of natural materials and man-made ones. a wonderful twig bowl by stanley ruiz.

dsc08381
dsc08385
dsc08387
doily themed ceramics from cul de sac– i loved the little detail on the bottom of the votives that shows up when lit. try placing them on a glass shelf to get the full benefit of the bottom design.

dsc08374
dsc08373
a plastic flat-pak design by j.c. karich that folds into serving utensils

CLICK HERE for MANY MORE great designboom mart products after the jump!

dsc08390
i loved this playful computer accessory- a burnable cd that looks like a floppy disc. silly, but fun. by baba akcja.

dsc08371
trefoil print belt buckle from steel toe studios.

dsc08372
brass knuckle ceramic ‘punch’ mugs from (they have the PERFECT weight and feel in your hand), by j.c. karich of paris.

dsc08428
lovely lady notebooks from rebecca at moontree press.

net
take your doodles to the next level with these gridded napkins- they let you organize your drawings and create architectural masterpieces. by colin dowd.

dsc084432
dsc08442
i loved this dining journal from sara and marcella with portable picnic utensils (and playful plaid printouts)

dsc08394
beautiful porcelain lights with colored LEDs on the interior, by chung ji hyun.

cards
dsc08380
more framed hangers by the the, and their ny wall book- which comes with empty wall photos you can cover with your own graffiti. by think of the.

1. C.Alicia says:

Ahh! Someone beat me to it! The ring is almost too cute for words! What a nice way to share your love for someone, like a quiet secret between two people.

2. C.Alicia says:

The gridded napkins are a great design too! I could keep a stack of those at my desk.

3. Sarah says:

oh man. I love the nervous system bracelets and finger imprint rings. so clever!

4. Lana says:

Such wonderful designs ~ but that ring is awesome!

5. Jennifer says:

The framed shelf and hanger are fantastic!!

6. Melanie says:

Love the CDR shaped like a floppy disk, and those graph napkins are silly too :]

7. lee says:

I want the bracelets!!! and the doily ceramics!

8. adam says:

the ring is cute, i must be really cynical though because all I could think of is that’s a good way to prevent your S.O. from slipping the ring off and pretending to be single. Leaves an imprint. I want one that says “hands off hussy, he/shes taken”

9. Phoebe says:

I LOVE the ring–I just wonder….is it comfortable?

10. Michelle says:

That ring with the hidden message is so cute!

11. kate b says:

everyone has said it, but i have to agree.. the ring is sooooo beautiful!

12. nosideup says:

Loved the Stanley Ruiz one!

13. Hijiri says:

The ring is brilliant!!!

14. Brooke H says:

This is my favorite part of the show and this year I couldn’t find it! :( I should have walked the ICFF before the Stationary Show! I guess i wore myself out upstairs.

That ring is fantastic! Greats finds, as always!

15. Hannah Nunn says:

the lights the lights. i LOVE her work!!!