compostmodern interstitial

i’ve been watching a lot of stop-motion films lately and i’m completely smitten with this short piece commissioned by the AIGA in maine for use as an interstitial between speakers at their compost modern conference in maine this month. the film is less than two minutes long, so if you need a sweet visual time-out for the afternoon, this is a great excuse to pull on your headphones and watch something lovely for a minute or two (i love the way cupcake liners turn into growing flowers). thanks, brooke!

[film by goodfocus, music by au revoir simone, art directed and co-produced by beth taylor]

1. Debra says:

Gorgeous! And what a genius idea for a pin cushion shape!

2. Lauran says:

Oh my. What a beautiful video–I love the colors and even what the people are wearing! My 2-year-old son loved it too. Thanks!

3. how fresh and full of thought! love it!

4. yay yay yay! i was so sad to miss compost modern last weekend, and now feel better having gotten a little glimpse.

5. Hijiri says:

I loooooove stop-motion films, this one is really cute, thank you!!

6. Kelle says:

This is really lovely. I was upset when I saw all that paper going in the trash bin…but what a nice result :)

7. Leigh-Ann says:

The video is really cute! My favorite stop motion video is this music video for Oren Lavie’s “Her Morning Elegance.”

8. Brenda says:

I put on my headphones and totally enjoyed this piece… Very creative and loved the music!!! Peace