icff preview: lindsey adelman + chalk animation

knotty
brooklyn designer lindsey adelman, will be at the icff this weekend (booth# #1942) and several other shows this week- and i’m currently swooning over her ‘knotty bubbles’ and ‘agnes candelabra’. can’t wait to see them in person. click here for more info on her show schedule this week.

agnes
options

i also wanted to start this morning with a beautiful short film that i thought would set the tone for the last day before design week kicks off. icff starts tomorrow, followed by the stationery show, surtex and all the off-site shows (stay tuned for coverage of everything staring this monday on d*s) so i’m enjoying this beautiful, calm chalk animation video by lucinda schrieber of sydney, australia. “autumn story” is a beautifully animated short and i love the way the birds fly from chalkboard to chalkboard. it’s pretty with or without the sound (if you’re stuck at work and can’t listen). [thanks, liz!]

1. jennifer says:

That chalk animation is fantastic! Even the still images are beautiful. Probably dating myself here, but first thing I thought of were those old “simon in the land of chalk drawings” cartoons!

2. Wow. What a beautiful short. I think my favorite part is the ghost image left behind as the animation is illustrated; a part of the process normally concealed.

3. Shandell's says:

The lighting fixtures are fabulous, creative, new and interesting.

4. Leigh says:

Really lovely short. I agree w/ VARIEGATED, the ghost image is what makes it so incredible.

5. MiaZucca says:

Love the animation.

6. brij says:

wow …gr8 stuff…

7. I love the bubbles. They are a little bit sassy. I’m so excited and yours is the only coverage I watch and depend on.
    Thank you for that.

8. Gretchen says:

Wow, what an incredibly beautiful animation. I was mesmerized by the ghost images as well. Will check out the music also.

9. Lauren says:

Well, that video was a little life-changing for me. Wow. Very cool idea.