before & after: tiffany’s couch (and weeder’s digest note)

well hello, beautiful sofa. d*s reader tiffany from lubbock texas bought this couch for $20 on craigslist. she decided to reupholster it herself using clearance fabric ($3 a yard!), a staple gun, paint and some new padding. the result? a brand new, gorgeous sofa. the color is so rich and the final result is so chic- well done, tiffany!

[have a before & after you’d like to share on d*s? just shoot me an email right here with your images!]

[UPDATE: minor internet issues here today- sarah’s weeder’s digest post will be up tomorrow. sorry for the delay on my part]

1. Tiffany says:

Lindsay – you can email me at:!

2. Amy says:

There are so many wonderful comments here there isn’t much that I can add but I just wanted to say WOW!!!

3. Lizzy says:

Awesome transformation! It is just blowing my mind that there are so many Lubbockites reading Design*Sponge and I thought I was the only one! So I just wanna say “Hey Y’all and go DIY-ing in the LBK!”

4. Brandon says:

Lol I love how half the comments are shocked reaction that such a thing could come from Lubbock. I lived there for a few years. I’m shocked too… :p

5. Tiffany says:

Haha! You run out of different things to do in Lubbock… this project was just somethig to do!! I think it’s hilarious…all this Lubbock-ness here! hey at least it’s good to know west Texas takes interest in the world of all things design!!

6. xAZD says:

what an incredible job! that is so chic now.

7. Jennifer says:

bazillion times better. very nice job!

8. Carolyn says:

Good work, Tiffany! I went to Tech and my husband’s from Lubbock… We sang the old song “Happiness is Lubbock, Texas in my Rearview Mirror” when we left, but had lots of great times there. It’s a place fully stocked with wonderful people.