before & after: christie’s nursery

this first space is a beautiful nursery transformation completed by one of our sneak peek favorites, christie chase. christie redecorated this office/storage space to create a cool, modern baby nursery. i love the colors she chose (those pale green shelves on the dark blue wall are so sweet) and the curtains that act as the door- they’re so chic. click here for more images of the room- great work, christie!

[have a before & after you’d like to share on d*s? just shoot me an email right here with your images!]

1. Heather says:

So cute! I love the paintings and original color scheme!

2. Sara says:

That is so cute! I love the bird paintings! Makes me want to have 1) a house that could have a nursery and 2) a kid. :)

3. yasmin says:

so beautiful! can you please share the paint colour details?

4. nh says:

where did you get the artwork?

5. Anne Bryant says:

Very cute but not your typical baby room syrupy cute. I like the rug and would love to know where it’s from. I also spy a couple of the Denyse Schmidt quilted cats—I’ve made a few of those myself! Good job! :)

6. Jnett says:

those look like elfa shelves!

7. Paf says:

Very nice! The roman shades are so cute. Can you share where they came from?

8. jamie says:

the rug is urban outfitters. i have the same one. the 60″ was on sale for 30 bucks i believe

9. Gina says:

Color scheme is beautiful. What a transformation!

10. Novi says:

Nice room for baby, love the colors! I like the choice of fabric. Paintings brighten the place up.

11. Caroline says:

Color choices are smart, thoughtful & different. I like the organization too.
    It would be a pleasure to be woken up every couple of hours to enter this wonderful nursery each time my hungry baby needed another feeding.

12. katie says:

I love this room! The orange roman shade is perfect with the navy and white walls. Thanks for sharing!

13. ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT, I may copy this design when I have a baby someday.

14. Keri says:

I love this nursery! The colors are modern, but at the same time, are soothing and serene for a new, little one. Perfect!!

15. Thank you all for the lovely comments about the nursery! You can read more about the projects I completed in there on my blog.

Yasmin, the crib wall is painted Hale Navy by Benjamin Moore, and the changing table and Elfa shelves are painted Paladium Blue by Benjamin Moore.

nh, I painted the artwork that is hanging above the crib myself. If you are interested, I do paint on commission.

Paf, I made the Roman shade for the window. Roman shades are fairly easy to make, and the fabric is Lotus by Amy Butler.

16. kati says:

love the curtains as well. I checked out her blog. She says, “I made a curtain to partition off the grown-up room out of a Jonathan Adler duvet cover, and a Roman shade out of an Amy Butler print, to brighten up the color palette while functionally letting them control the light coming into the room. “

17. Polly says:

Ahhh I love it. I have totally gone off baby rooms that are all baby pink/ blue/ yellow.

This is so much more tasteful and sophisticated.

18. DesignerKim says:

This is terrific. I love it.

19. Maggie says:

What a beautiful room! This would work both for a girl and a boy. May I ask where the bird paintings are from? They are just too cute! :)

20. tracyh says:

lovely makeover! i just impulse purchased that urban rug after seeing it here :)

21. Mouse says:

Oh, I like the navy! I always think primary colors for kid’s rooms, but the navy and yellow is a sweet look!

22. Kate says:

wow that room is so so lovely. however, i give it a week and a half before they opt for a real door. that fabric is incredible, but i’m guessing leaves a lot to be desired in terms of soundproofing.

23. Bethany Rose Hildenbrandi says:

The retro window shade is my fave!

24. rochelle says:

I love how it goes but doesn’t all match.

25. Melanie says:

Oh wow. Beautiful color choice and I love that it doesn’t scream, “This is a child’s room!” besides the whole crib and everything.

26. Renae says:

I love the paintings! This room has so much style!

27. Nikki says:

Beautiful! Once she/he becomes mobile (standing, reaching) the shelves may have to be rearranged (that arrangement makes me a bit nervous altogether). Lovely design, though!

28. grace wieber says:

Now that is some transformation !
    That is definitely a room with longevity.
    Love it ! Want it !

29. Michelle says:

I need to know what color blue is in that nursery. It’s gorgeous!

30. I, too, adore the pale green. This is splendid.

31. claire says:

Love the window covering!

32. jenn says:

adorable! so nice to see a nursery thats not pastel!

33. I love this makeover. I think my favorite feature is the artwork above the crib – so sweet :)

34. Julie says:

I hope they don’t live in an earthquake zone- those shelves could be really dangerous so close to the crib!

(But the room is still amazing!)

35. Juddie says:

Oh! This is wonderful! Just lovely.

36. jenny says:

I love it! And how cute are the sock monkey kitties!?! Did anyone notice those!?

37. JBK says:

you are so talented – it’s such an amazing room! i bet the new parents are excited to put it to good use – i know i would be!

38. 'drey says:

i love the colour combo! very sharp! great makeover, well done!

39. Brandi says:

I LOVE those curtains. . . beautiful yet simple fabric pattern. The combo is what makes it!

40. Teresa says:

Being from California, I thought the same thing as Julie at first about the dangerous shelves over the crib.

But I love the combination of colors/fabrics, everything!

41. WOOOOOOWWW!! These are just fantastic. That color scheme for the nursery is divine, and the couch looks magnificent. Good work, Grace.

42. Liz says:

What paint did you use for th neutral wall? The whole room looks great!