sneak peek: caroline gomez

i’m completely loving the home of french designer caroline gomez (you may remember her best by her spoons)- clean and white, yet so colorful at the same time! the former factory provided the perfect shell for caroline to incorporate her love for 1950s scandinavian design sensibilities. make sure you click the jump to catch the entire sneak peek with additional images. i just hope my translations capture the essence caroline described en francais! [thanks, caroline!]anne

[above: Our kitchen is wood and white lacquer and the pink print by SMEG gives a touch of fun. Over the course of the seasons lots of colors make their way into the mix.]

My office, lots of books, my colors, my computers, my old file cabinets that i rescued where i keep my designs – ceramics and other projects. I adore my Spline chair by Norway Says and LUPI chair by Habitat.

Our bed room, soft and light-filled, lots of books everywhere and a bit spread out.

CLICK HERE for the rest of caroline’s sneak peek– including additional, full-sized images– after the jump!

The main room is a large room that acts as the living room, dining area and my office. I like working in the heart of the studio to maximize the space. we like uncluttered, clean space but with color. as one makes their way through the space colors are revealed: yellow, pea green, citrus, china blue…i love colors! As for paint and furniture, the general ambiance is inspired greatly by 1950s scandinavian design in staying modern and clean.

We bought this space (a former studio that repaired pinball machines) a year ago, we have made it our space, which doubles as our home and office. What we loved most was the natural light throughout the studio. I like that I can leave my bicycle in the entry when I come home.

Our small bathroom.

My wall of woodcuts.

1. Elena says:

oh my gosh, this is beautiful!
    it is my favourite sneak peek ever-

2. Molly says:

I love her use of paint color! So fresh and unique…

3. the mouse says:

i just love the apple green against all the white, it’s so refreshing!

4. alicia says:

I love the office! So colorful, and I love the idea of the round table in the center instead of a desk, which I may have to try.

5. Margret says:

Just lovely!

6. Regina Alexandra says:

Please tell us how the floor is finished…love it!

7. Renae says:

Definitely my kind of space!!! Thank you!

8. Frenchy_googler says:

bonjour Caroline,

J’apprécie énormément les couleurs murales, pourrais-tu nous indiquer tes sources ?

9. Stacey says:

So colorful and fun, I especially love the workspace.

10. Maggie says:

Best sneak peek ever! :)

11. caroline says:

HELLO and thank you for your comments !
    – Regina Alexandra : The ground is in concrete and painted in clear gray.
    – Frenchy_googler : la majorité des couleurs provient de la marque “Little green”
    Voici les références /
    – bureau : Bone china blue
    – salon : vert Citrine
    – coin repas : vert Pale lime
    et un peu de farrow and ball :
    – salle de bain : Powder blue

12. caroline says:

HELLO and thank you for your comments !
    – Regina Alexandra : The ground is in concrete and painted in clear gray.
    – Frenchy_googler : la majorité des couleurs provient de la marque “Little greene”
    Voici les références /
    – bureau : Bone china blue
    – salon : vert Citrine
    – coin repas : vert Pale lime
    et un peu de “Farrow and ball” :
    – salle de bain : Powder blue

13. 315thomas says:

oh my goodness, how amazing is that stack of books in the first pic?

14. Kat says:

SO lovely! i love the books stacked up high, the anglepoise.. owww lovely lovely lovely!

15. Mindy Harris says:

Where’d the bathroom lavatory and sink come from? Really, really like!

16. ninainvorm says:

Oh how I adore this place! Just everything…

17. suzanne says:

oh, beautiful! the balance of colours is just right..

i wonder is the stack of books in the first photo on shelves, like the dwr sapien bookshelf?

18. What a lovely space … I love how fearless you are with color. :-)

Would you mind identifying that little red stereo on your nightstand?

19. jonahliza says:

<3 the use of color

20. kate says:

I love the way concrete floors look. She did a wonderul job with color. Great sneak peek!

21. alex sunday says:

i must agree – superb use of paint colours! merci pour la vue! (yes, my french is rubbish). :)

22. Laurie says:

Gorgeous!! Could you please share what apple green paint you used in your kitchen. It’s lovely.

23. Emily says:

I love all the colors you used…it makes me happy just looking at the photos! could you please tell me what the name of the paint is in the first photo? I’m now inspired to paint a wall in my living room green!

24. Rebecca says:

I really love the super careful use of colour. It’s conservative and precise use of wildness. Ingenious! What a balancing act!

25. jessica says:

i like the frame on the wall. unique. which i may have to try.

26. Loora says:

Merci beaucoup pour ces indications ! J’ai une pièce à repeindre, et j’avais du mal à choisir mes peintures. Celles-ci sont magiques !

Merci de nous représenter aussi esthétiquement sur DS !!

27. emi says:

i love your house! where did you buy that lamps?

28. Caroline says:

Thank you very much for your news comments !
    here are answers to your questions :
    – the book tower in the first photo :
    – the color in the first photo is “PALE LIME” to LITTLE GREENE :
    – the little red stereo on my nightstand is a old model of HABITAT

29. I like the horizontal effect of the bedroom layout – kind of reminds my mind that this room is for rest. The clean, crisp colors are a bonus. Good job –Rebecca

30. Lan says:

I love your house! It makes me so happy to look at! I’m definitely feeling inspired to fix up my room this summer.

31. Frenchy_googler says:

Oui, merci… un peu de french touch ! Ca fait du bien…

32. Super chouette et je suis totalement in love de la bibliotheque totem :o)

33. tonya says:

i love your home. love the colors palette you chose. i’m interested in know where did you get the tall file unit in your office with the post notes on it?
    i’m so inspired by your house. magazine quality tear sheets to use as an example. love it, love it, love it!!!

34. Tabitha says:

What shade of green is used in the kitchen? Thanks!

35. Frenchy_googler says:

Pas de powder blue chez F&B… es-tu certaine de la référence ?
    Merci d’avance

36. Rebeca says:

Where did the little mushroom shaped bedside lamps come from?

37. Caroline says:

– Tonya,
    I have to find the tall file unit (in my office) in a secondhand trade.

– Tabitha,
    the color in my kitchen is “PALE LIME” to LITTLE GREENE :

– Frenchy googler,
    le powder blue existe bien chez F&B mais il ne figure plus sur leur nouveau nuancier, tu le trouveras en boutique.

– Rebeca,
    the little mushroom shaped on my nightstand is a old model of HABITAT

38. Rouge Nahsam says:

Oui, c’est un endroit très beau et très chaleureux. Quel goût, Caroline !

39. Love your way to work with and without colors. It’s just so fresh.

it’s a great peek, really.

40. Katrina says:

Hi Caroline,

Wonder if I could be cheeky – could I ask you to add the url for the pale lime paint you mentioned within the blog post please?

I do online marketing for The Little Greene – and it would be a great help.

Also – would you mind if we featured your kitchen on our blog? It’s a lovely example.