sneak peek: alexandra hedin

by

alexandrapeek1

you may recognize alexandra hedin‘s modern take on silhouettes from the DIY project she shared with us awhile back, but today we’re excited to share a deeper look into the home of this northwest lifestyle and entertaining expert. her clean and open home definitely looks like the perfect place for throwing a party. enjoy the entire sneak peek after the jump (with additional, full-sized images), and check out all of our fabulous sneak peeks here! [thanks, alexandra!] anne

alexandrapeek2
My favorite little corner of the living room. The last remaining branch of my favorite tree hangs on the wall and my favorite books are stacked below. The lamp was a tag sale find that got a new shade.

alexandrapeek3
Looking in the front door, the dining room is straight ahead.

alexandrapeek4
To create my work space in the kitchen I had the bottom of the cabinets cut out and set on the counter. My appliances slide in and out easily and look neat when they are “away.”

alexandrapeek5
The buffet from the dining set now acts as a front hall piece to collect keys, sunglasses, and all the other junk that comes into the house. . . The front door is painted the best color ever. Verdant Green by Sherwin Williams.

alexandrapeek61

1. I love the branch on the wall. It’s really cute!

2. Ginger says:

Love, love, love, especially that green! Thanks for the constant inspiration . . .

3. Ashley says:

I love the paneling on the walls, and great front door!

4. Jaklyn says:

Lovely! I adore what you did with the dining set. Oh, and Kokanee! Amazing to see a beloved Canadian beer make it big, haha :)

5. Karen says:

Ooooh, love the open kitchen cabinets. Am not sure whether am a tidy enough person to have those but I love the look.

Painted green door? So fresh!

6. Love the kitchen cabinets (& sliding appliances) and that branch!

7. Maggie says:

Genius appliance cabinets! Wish I had thought of that when we redid our kitchen. Lovely home!

8. christina says:

Where did those sheets come from? I am in love!!!

9. Gail says:

LOVE this space. Have to know: where are the bird pillowcases from? Do tell. Please and thank you!

Oh – and the green paint on the front door is the best color I have ever seen.

10. cornelia grimes says:

Thanks for answering my( blinds problem… Those living room and kitchen blinds are simple and fresh looking.

11. nicole says:

Wow. I love the whole house. The door is great and what a great and functional idea for the cabinets.

12. Kathy says:

I love the little table and chairs for the kids in the living room. Still looks modern but its practical.

Aren’t those bird pillowcases from Dwell?

13. Megan says:

I love the green–have it in my kitchen!
    Where is the grey color from / what is is called?

14. The branch is great! Did you need to do anything special to preserve it?

15. Allie says:

I adore your home! Can you tell me where you found your great maps?

16. Keri says:

Wow! I’m in love. Those kitchen cabinets and that front door are just amazing!!

17. brand-eye says:

LOVE this home. the horizontal beadboard looks fantastic!

18. Kelle says:

Oooh, I covet that bathroom! I love the green as well. What a lovely home!!

19. LPC says:

To add my voice to the chorus of questions, chandelier?

20. This house is amazing! I love the details, the clean lines and the wonderful light throughout the house! I also love how they used unexpected materials through the house!

21. Elizabeth says:

The bathroom looks so clean and hotel like in the best way possible. Where are the mirrors in there from?

22. Kate says:

In love with that green door. I chose green for mine too, but had to go with a slightly bluer green to better go along with my brick color.

23. Gorgeous! That front door color is to die for.

24. Wow – thank you! I think my house looks so boring compared to the other Sneak Peeks! Let me see if I can answer your questions.

The grey wall color is FABULOUS – it’s called Worldly Grey by Sherwin Williams.

The bird sheets are by Dwell. I am in love with all of their bedding.

The chandelier was here when we moved in, but an unfortunate brass color. I spray painted it white and added glass fruit I found in Venice and light covers from Great Jones Home in Seattle (I can’t remember the name of the company. I’ll look it up)

Thank you for all of your kind words :)
    -a

25. Candle covers for the chandelier are here: http://www.kaarskoker.com/

26. Narineh says:

LOVE this home and LOVE the green accents! The front door is my favorite and the idea of cutting out the bottom of the cabinet to store appliances and such is a fantastic thought!! The family silhouettes in the bedroom and the tray (who doesn’t love being served breakfast in bed) Thanks for the inspiration!!

27. Abbey Baker says:

Such great taste! I absolutely love the silhouette paintings of your family!

28. palindrome says:

Your home seems like a very restful and welcoming place. And the small appliance cabinets are such a great idea.

29. Oh, bathroom mirrors are from Pottery Barn

30. Adrianne says:

You have an absolutely lovely home! Your subtle eye for detail makes a big impact. I am wondering if you could explain how you attached the glass pieces to the chandelier? I have some little fruit pieces from Murano, but they don’t have holes for wire. Thanks for sharing your wonderful space!

31. Lisa H says:

Beautiful home. Do you know the source for your front door? The green and reeded glass are very energizing.

32. Leah says:

So lovely. I’ve seen glimpses on Alexandra’s blog but so enjoy seeing the full rooms together. Such a calming space — it’s hard to believe she has a toddler!

33. Karene says:

I know it’s been said but I love that door!

34. Angie says:

Verdant Green is the color of my bedroom, my friends and family thought I was crazy for picking that shade! I love it and i’m glad to know others appreciate it as much as I do!

35. Jeni Shirley says:

Great stuff! I like it all!

36. Elesha says:

I really like your home. Thank you for sharing these photos. I would love to see more. Where did you get the front door?

37. Heather Mulno says:

Where did you purchase your front door? It’s great that it allows for light while providing privacy and yet is so sophisticated…thank you for sharing!

38. StellaQuinn says:

hands down my favorite sneak peak yet, this home is amazing. So crisp and edited, love it! Thanks for sharing!!!

39. MBelle says:

I second the requests for information about the door. I’m shopping for doors right now and it is mostly heartbreaking and disheartening.

40. Amanda says:

Love the door! I’ve been looking for the same style door with no such luck. Do you know where I could find the same style?

41. Sara Nemeth says:

Where are the bed sheets from? I absolutely love them!

42. san says:

I loved the idea of the ‘bottomless’ cabinets for the appliances, I like mine to look neat too, perfect solution.
    I like the bathroom very much, the bedroom, everything is elegant and warm and organized, very well balanced. Congrats!
    I used that verdant green (color by myself) on a similar door to my backyard deck. As green as it gets, looks sensational.

43. megs says:

your home is on a regular walk of mine… recognized the front door! wonderful to peek inside. a sanctuary that reflects the beauty of northwest living.