sneak peek: a day in may

by

maypeek1

a day in may is a san francisco based design studio specializing in graphic design and letterpress wedding invitations. today’s sneak peek is into half of the a day in may team: eve weinsheimer. while eve is off galivanting in mexico this week, we get a special peek into her light-filled sausalito home (what a wonderful place to come back to after a great getaway). CLICK HERE for the full post, along with additional images. thanks eve (and lesley!) anne

[above: Old Movie Theatre seating is a good place to sit and take off our shoes. Baskets underneath hide hats, sweaters and other junk!]

maypeek2
Vintage Peter Hvidt Lounge Chairs pair with a second-hand baby rocker lacquered in black.

maypeek3
Green “HEATH” tile, white cabinets and sink & a chocolate counter create a crisp, easy feel.

CLICK HERE for the rest of the peek after the jump…

maypeek4

maypeek5
Weathered, metallic cabinet doubles as our liquor cabinet. . . Sewing machine legs are the base for a side mantle in the living room. (Matt Condron painting hangs behind)

1. Wow BEAUTIFUL just beautiful!!

2. lauren says:

gah, the repurposed theater seats, cabinet, and sewing machine legs are breathtaking! what a thoughtful, lovely living space.

3. _michelle_ says:

the elusive theater seat find! looks great

4. Aneta says:

LOVE the movie theater seats. The worn out dark wood looks soo good!

5. Abby says:

Wow! What a fantastic kitchen!

6. The theater seats are definitely my favorite. I also love the kitchen, it’s airy and bright.

7. cathy says:

I am IN LOVE with that tile in the kitchen! so yummy!

8. Janis says:

Lovely, lovely home!

9. Suzanne says:

Beautiful, inside and out. It is so nice to see front porch pics, too!

10. Amanda says:

Love: subway tiles & that shade of green.

11. Janice says:

Beautiful home…what is your countertop material?

12. Scott says:

Sweet, sweet kitchen!

13. Now I know what to do with my kitchen for tiling! That living room is to die for!

14. Ms. Peacock says:

I like the way the glass cabinets in the kitchen add to the peaceful airiness…the theatre seats are cool too.

15. bea says:

love love this peek. great combination of colors and textures—gorgeous kitchen! one of the BEST peeks i have seen!

16. kiki says:

wow!! the light in the kitchen! and those tiles! beautiful :)

17. Elizabeth says:

In the last picture, there are a bunch of prints hung up by clips. Who made them?
    And what is that sketch in the bedrooom?
    Also, so jealous of the theater seats!

18. Angie says:

The kitchen is perfect. I, too, would love to know what your counter top material is.

19. jenny says:

love it! so much COLOR!!

20. Jill says:

wow, that matt condron painting is making me feel all swoony. fabulous place.

21. This is so peaceful. I particularly liked the kitchen and the restrained use of red in the lamps at the living room. Thank you for sharing all the beauty.

22. DesignerKim says:

The kitchen is fantastic. Love the green tile.

23. Laura says:

Great colors!! Anybody know what color is the Heath tile in the kitchen?

24. Julie says:

I loooove that tile in the kitchen! And I love how they took it all the way up to the ceiling instead of just keeping it under the cabinets. Gorgeous.

25. Jill J. says:

This sneak peek has given me so many good ideas for my own house! Beautiful.

26. Uncle Beefy says:

Grace, I hate to do this to you here but can you let Eve know that I haven’t received the adoption forms. I know she’s dyin’ to take me in as one of her own but if we’re gonna make this happen we need to get the paperwork filed. Y’know?

I just hope she cleans up a bit before I arrive. ;)

LOVE this! Oh so much!

(Hope wedding planning is going along swimmingly!)

27. What light in that kitchen–I am truly jealous!

28. amanda says:

Who did that lovely painting above your bed?

29. Lamyousha says:

Beautiful…
    love the sketch in the bedroom, who did it?

I love homes with lots of sunlight and your kitchen is amazing.

30. christine says:

in love with that kitchen! stunning!

31. Peter M says:

I want to chop it up and eat it plain. But, come on, no kid is going to rock that seam between the rug and floor. These shots are a little too perfect, like a backlit image of a fast food hamburger combo.

32. Tiffany says:

I’m echoing all the woos over the kitchen. Just gorgeous, and I love the color combinations!

33. Kristin says:

I WANT that kitchen now! Gorgeous!

34. Mindy says:

Love the kitchen. What are the countertops made of?

35. LOVE the living room. Thanks for sharing.

36. marniepost says:

Lovely home! I just wonder if people know something I don’t. Can you really have a white rug in your home with kids, and under the dining table, no less? How do you keep something like that clean? I’d really be interested if there is a means of cleaning these effectively.

37. Adriana Escobar Alvarez Morphy says:

what a beautiful house. So much light, so soft and gentle as you guys are. Great IDEAS.
    hugs
    adriana

38. Tonni says:

I love that kitchen!

39. Jami Morales says:

Hi, I would love the names of the backsplash tile and the floor tiles in the kitchen. I am about to redo mine and would love to check these out.
    Beautiful pad!
    Jami

40. lane says:

wow, this is a great site. my first time here. love the front room.

41. juli says:

the old movie theatre seats are such a great touch!

42. AJ says:

I love the blue in the bedroom! And the hanging cards – I think I may borrow the idea to display my collection of postcards :)

43. Those theatre seat would be absolutely brilliant in a foyer.

Love how they’ve tucked storage underneath them too.

44. Eve says:

Thanks for all the great comments! I wanted to answer some of the questions:

1. Heath tile in kitchen is FERN (glossy).

2. Kitchen counter is a material called CaesarStone – very durable and comes in a ton of colors.

3. Painting over my bed is by an artist called Hal McCartor: http://www.mccartor.net

4. Clipped prints are from http://www.idapearle.com/

5. White carpets are really kid friendly – they are Super-cheapo shags from Home Depot. I can bleach the spots right out and have even taken scissors to cut away gum or playdough.

6. And Uncle Beefy, if you don’t mind sharing a bedroom with 2 kids, yes I’ll adopt you!

45. Megan Zimmerman says:

Great to see Hal McCartor’s painting in the bedroom. I am his daughter, and it is fun to see where they end up.