we’ve got all sorts of exciting content coming up next week- including the first ever weekly biz ladies column and some beautiful new sneak peeks with a focus on portland, oregon. i’ll also be bringing the under $100 column back to d*s, where every week i’ll round up great affordable products with a theme. under $100 has bounced from house & garden to domino and now i thought it was time to bring it back home. so i’m going to start taking requests for topics- what affordable design areas would you like covered? pets? outdoor design? tabletop? kitchen wear? just leave a comment below and i promise i’ll get to them all this year.
also, i have a question for you guys if you have a second- i’m looking to make fabric buttons for a wedding project and wondered if anyone’s done this? i’d like to make the kind that has a pin in the back- like a rock pin you’d put on your shirt- but made of out of fabric. has anyone made them? can you use something like a badge-a-minute machine if you have thin fabric? i love the liberty fabric buttons above at made by them at etsy, and wanted to make them slightly larger. any ideas?
that’s all for this week- i’ll see you monday! have a wonderful weekend- below is a summary of this week’s highlights.
- must-read posts of the week: biz ladies 2009 (weekly column), guy merrill’s guest blog about british design
- weeder’s digest: fen shui
- new recipe: in the kitchen with thomas paul + macarons
- 6 new amazing sneak peeks: alissa and ryan of shop horne, nicole camille, sally bartz of halsea, kevin corn, frank viva, tina barseghain
- new diy projects: kate’s window films, crocheted cotton dish scrubbers, modern wedding can trail
- new before & afters: rachel’s frame and shakers, constanca’s ikea flat, storage 3 ways, studio rose flash, laura casey’s bedroom,
- new city guide: london, england!
- misc.: knit storm crocheted mug cozies, alissa hunsaker photography, new modernica chair and accessories at manos, jodie silby slang map, colorful prints by brainstorm, ma petite boutique (french decor and clothing for children), david wiseman installations, mini goals chalkboard, interiors by bells and whistles, kitchens by fuse interiors, book city jackets + dog shelf