under $100: planters

under100planters_1
every friday i’m going to be focusing on budget-friendly design, all under $100. last week was all about furry friends, and this week is about the garden. many of you have been very patiently reminding me to do a roundup of indoor and outdoor planters, so today’s the day! i’ve chosen over 45 of my favorite affordable planters on the market so i hope you’ll enjoy the selection. be sure to click “read more” at the bottom of the post because there are 20 more planters after the jump.

[image above, clockwise from top left: pail planter $12, retro bullet planter $100, snowdrop silt planter $28, teak flower box $40, grobal self-watering pot in sky blue $14.99+, wire basket $35 (perfect for outdoor pots and plants), viola crackled pot $10, oscar planters $59.95+, architectural pottery stand $90 (you need to add a planter inside), solig hanging planter $7.99, jacqueline smith planter at kmart $16]

under100planters_2
[image above, clockwise from top left: bullet planter $100 (this comes in SO many different colors), rubber flower pot $14, mynta hanging planter $24.99, set of 2 hawthorne planters $49, solig planter $7.99, hanging planter $30, flower pot with holes $12, terrazzolite window box $65+, huson plant pot $40, teak flower boxes $40+, silver lustre pot $36, architectural pottery stand $90 (add your own pot), fiberclay planters $35+]

CLICK HERE for the rest of the under $100 planters guide (20 more products) after the jump!

under100planters_3
[image above, clockwise from top left: small swan planter $38, galvanized planter $14.95+, architectural pottery stand $90, flower pot with holes $12, white ceramic footed planter $24-$42, weston planters $69+, salvia flower box $6.99, antique galvanized planter $99+, ribbed glass plant pot $16]

under100planters_4
[image above, clockwise from top left: vintage creamer succulent planter at monkeysalwayslook at etsy]

under100planters_5
[image above, clockwise from top left: carved wooden cachepot $24+, plant pod by perch $96, tree stump pot $44.50, vintage owl planter $24 at fruitflypie at etsy, campy planters $76]

under100planters_6
[image above, clockwise from top left: acerostudio planter with bikes $12, self watering planter $34, ventura cachepot $78+, resin tree pot $44.50, silver and gold rectangular planters $29]

1. I just started thinking about what to do in my back yard yesterday. The dogs rip up anything that is planted in the ground, so I’ll definitely be employing lots of planters. Thanks for all the great ideas!

2. Laura says:

Hooray for spring!

Am I overlooking it, or is the info for the the middle two planters in the top set missing?

3. Kim says:

I LOVE the fiberclay planters…they have them in cubes too!

4. kim says:

I love these lists, but it is a bit hard to match the info with the pictures – maybe you could number them?
    The owl planter is adorable, my favourite.

5. I am about to move into a new apartment with a backyard and area for gardening/plants. I’m assuming that’s why you created this post. So, thanks.

6. Jnett says:

Has anyone tried the hangingtomato.com? I’m curious, but wary of anything sold on TV. It isn’t cute like the planters above, but would be great at keeping the bugs out of stuff.

7. CottonColors says:

Just getting started on my patio decor for this spring. Great ideas here!

8. Oh, I’m so ready for spring! Love your planter finds.

@ Jnett: I didn’t try the actual product from that website, but have grown tomatoes inverted on our apt balcony. Check out pics at curbly.com and upsidedowntomatoplant.com for instructions.

9. Kelly says:

Maybe I missed it, but is there a link for the planter with the open metal pattern, distressed white finish? Thanks!

10. Megan says:

These are great! I can’t wait to actually live in a house where I can plant flowers!

11. Kristy says:

So excited about the IKEA hanging planters! My fiance has plants (that he is VERY attached to) hanging in our living room in their original green plastic planters- complete with barcodes. ICK! These are a perfect replacement.

12. deanna says:

I love the owl planter. He’s so cute!

13. G says:

Bullet planter is on $100 w/o the base. Getting the stand tacks on another $60-70 or so. I had been looking at this particular bullet planter for a looooong time now but it was just too big for my place. I recently found a guy on eBay who makes a smaller version (about 9″ in wide radius, the bullet planter featured here is 15.75″ wide radius) and they tend to go for around $60 at highest bid. I recently won one and am awaiting its arrival.

14. love budget friendly design series. i tend to kill anything green, but these beauties make me want to try again!

15. Lu says:

Has anyone ever bought an architectural pottery stand and found a ceramic planter to fit that isn’t $300 +?

16. Emma Majury says:

For the truly credit concious – http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/10153926 perfect for growing veggies or flowers!

17. velika says:

Grace, it looks like there is a missing link in the first batch? (For the wooden planter contained in a wire basket?)

Thank you!

18. Nice selection! I’d love to see more wall planters. We have a set of “wall pockets” that work great on a screened-in porch.

19. R victor says:

I have two of the grobals by Karim Rasheed. They work really well and look great.