sneak peek: toni brogan

today i’m leaving early to go for my first wedding dress fitting (while ac is out of town for his bachelor party) so i wanted to share this beautiful sneak peek from toni brogan of catskill kiwi to make up for the shorter posts (sorry!). yesterday toni shared her beautiful before & after plaid chair with us, and today she’s sharing her beautiful upstate new york home. originally from new zealand, toni lived in nyc for 16 years and now works as a freelancer, allowing her to enjoy having a home and garden outside of the hustle and bustle of the city. i love all of the beautiful ebay finds in her home, but just about everything is lovely and makes me long for a bigger space and a garden to call my own. click here to read toni’s blog- thanks toni for sharing your home with us!

[please note: instead of flickr links, we’re now uploading full-sized and additional photos directly to d*s! so just click “read more” at the end of the post to view all of the photos from toni’s home. just click on a thumbnail to see any image full-size]

CLICK HERE (or just click “read more” below) for the rest of Toni’s peek (including full-sized images)

1. Stacey says:

What an inviting, original and quirky home, I love it!

2. Annabelle says:

Oh my, what a loverly view! I would never miss a meal at home if I had that to look at while I ate!

3. Carolynn says:

You can get a lot for a little in upstate! Thats why I love it. Very very beautiful home. I adore that hanging rack and the tea set!

4. Green Key says:

Toni, I love your home! Light, spacious, personal. Can you tell me where your sofa comes from? I really like its simplicity – and it looks quite comfy!

5. AmyA says:

I’d still love to know where those horse pillows are from. They are so awesome!

6. AmyA says:

Oh and that quilt above the bed is fantastic… is that an ebay find?

7. Hi Green Key, the sofa is actually from Ikea its Lillburg, it pulls out to become a sleeper and you can store blankets under the cushions…. very handy!

8. ansley b. says:

what beautiful details to complement the incredible view!!

9. Hi Amy, the horse pillows, which are killer, came from
    my friend David has store on 6th street, in the east village…
    the bird quilt came from west elm online.

10. Green Key says:

I just found the answer to my question about your sofa on your blog: Ikea! Wow. So reasonably priced.

11. The view from that kitchen table is gorgeous. The table is great too! Love the all the light in this house.

12. Hi Amy, the horse pillows are from my friend David has a store on 6th st in the east village, and the comforter cover is from West Elm online.

13. Louise says:

beautiful house and interior..just love the wood collage over the bed!!

14. Llubav says:

15. kim says:

I see she shares my bird fetish. Love!

16. Lindsay says:

I just love those glass candlesticks! Any idea where I could get my hands on some?

17. lisa says:

your home is amazing. i am in awe and inspired by the wood assemblage piece with the perfect amount of green in it. where did you find this piece?

18. nique says:

your home is so beeuuuuteeefuuuul! i love the minimalism and airiness. would you mind telling me where you got that collection of glass candle holders?

19. Hi there Nique and Lindsay the candlesticks all came from CB2 and they are priced between 3.99 – 5.99!!! so go pick up a bunch they look really fabulous grouped together!

20. Hi Lisa, the wood piece which I absolutely love is done by my good friend and unbelievably talented artist Mike Sanzone, he has a show on right now in NYC, but check out the link under my “arty stuff” blog for images and contact.

21. Gorgeous, I love the wood collage.

22. Natalie says:

I love how bright and liveable it all looks. Where did you find your beautiful coffee table?

23. What a beautiful and rustic home. I love the wood headboard. At least I think it’s wood.

24. Hi Natalie, the coffee table I’ve had kicking around for years…it was a thrift find, but I think you can pick these up pretty easy on ebay…. search danish slat coffee table.

25. Jennifer says:

I feel better just “looking” out your window! I, too, am delighted by your bird collection. Where did you find the fabulous linens w/ birds?

26. Amebr Jo says:

very cozy and inviting. love it.

27. Meg- nyc says:

Gorgeous dream home! Where upstate is this?

28. can my wife and I have a weekend there

29. rebecca!! says:

WOW! flicking through these piccies there was a special unexplainable element that i could relate to! It wasnt until i came accross the kiwiana that I realised why! Your taste is exquisite. Another Kiwi doing wonderful things.

30. julia says:

God, I want the wood collage too!

31. Hanna says:

Just wonderfull, never been interested in living at the countryside, but I’ve may have changed my mind:)

32. carman says:

A Fisher Stove! Haven’t seen one in a long time. We had one in our first home. Remembering cozy…

33. Leah says:

Ooooh neat, my parents have that same Fisher woodstove, it is so cute.

34. jules says:

oh that view is to die for! this place is just lovely:)

35. David Magid says:

Wow, that’s my ex-boyfriend’s old vacation house! We fixed parts of it up together, but it looks a lot better than when he sold it! i miss it up there….especially the views and the wild turkeys that could be found in the fields.

36. Sol says:

It is so inspiring the view in the dining room…

37. todd says:

WOW- this is my old house…i bought it in 2000 and sold it in 2005-i’m so glad that it’s being loved and cared for – it looks really beautiful and i’m so happy to see it’s progression!
    I miss it terribly up there- it’s a really beautiful place in the world!

38. Hi Todd, wow what a funny coincidence! rest assured this house is loved and looked after, it is a truly special spot!

39. Jennie Hartwick says:

Delightful, all of it. The black bird pillow sings.

40. melissa says:

I am absolutely floored over the wooden collage. I cannot get this image out of my mind. Is there a way to see an even larger version of this photo in order the see the detail in the artwork?

41. Karin Grow says:

I covet that lamp with the orange lanterns. How cool!