sneak peek: sally bartz of halsea

halseapeek1
while looking for some cute new travel supplies for our honeymoon i came across halsea, a california company that specializes in colorful, pattern-filled bags and totes that are perfect for a weekend getaway or special vacation. while talking with holly at halsea, she mentioned that halsea’s owner, sallybartz, had a beautiful home. so of course i was dying to check it out. i was so thrilled to see her home was just as full of sunny, beachy pattern and color as the collections at halsea, so i hope you’ll enjoy her beautiful california home as much as i did. sally’s peek continues after the jump so be sure to click “read more” at the bottom of the post. also, you can click here for additional, full-sized images of sally’s home on flickr. [thanks to holly craig for her help with this peek]

halseapeek2
halseapeek3
halseapeek4
halseapeek51
halseapeek6

CLICK HERE to see the rest of sally’s home after the jump…

halseapeek7
halseapeek8
halseapeek9
halseapeek10

1. Judy Carpenter says:

I am impressed by the use of color and how the home feels. Way to go!

2. Jo says:

That nursery is fantastic! The whole house is so cheery. Just what I needed this morning.

3. Courtney says:

Aww, I love the nursery. What a lovely place to be a kid!

4. kasey says:

where is the patio furniture from, or what is it called? i have been looking for something like this for my backyard….

5. Maddie says:

I love her outdoor furniture. How can I find affordable outdoor furniture that’s also cute? Is now the time to buy? We have a huge deck in NYC that’s so sad (and right now under 12 inches of snow). Please share great outdoor finds!

6. Marlene says:

Charming place, just not for me.

7. Sally says:

Thanks All! It’s so much fun to see my sunny home on Design*Sponge (love, love, love). My talented pal, Krista Ewart, queen of Cal-Prep, made both my shop in Newport, and my home have the great Halsea beachy, preppy feel. http://www.kristaewart.com – she can tell ya about the darling vintage patio furniture.

8. I also adore the patio furniture….
    Maddie: anthropologie has similar furniture.

9. CS says:

Oh my gosh – I am obsessed!! I love the nursery. Actually sort of reminds me of mine, but I love that you have the beautiful and fun wallpaper – SUCH a great touch. And love the tall dresser (don’t have the correct word right now). And LOVE the display cabinet in the last pic – so fabulous! This is my favorite sneak peek I’ve seen in some time.

10. Erika says:

I know this house…this is a total Krista Wooten- Ewart influenced house…her couch, the nursey wallpaper, the green armoir, that was how she designed Lucy’s room. Krista decorated my apartment too with the bold colors and patterns. It’s so refreshing and cheerful to go home everyday to color!

11. Lisa says:

It’s all great, but that pale green dresser in the nursery is especially precious!

12. Bernie says:

Love this….which is a surprise (to me) since orange is my least favorite color…but yes, love it

13. KK says:

Love the colors!

14. Bethany says:

Wow, Krista Wooten is really talented. Where is she based out of? I’m hoping to get an appointment for my second nursery!

15. Such a bright and cheery home!

16. ashleycanada says:

The anchors in front of the hearth are fantastic. Where might I find something similar?

17. rena says:

beautiful. im wondering about the seahorse duve. where is it from?

18. Juliet says:

I love the use of fabric!!!

19. Brooke Berrington says:

Sally, it is so wonderful to see all of your whimsy and energy captured in one place that is so flawlessly you!

20. Eerin says:

Anyone know the details on this wallpaper? Love it!

21. Sally says:

Rena- I had the Seahorse duvet cover made. I can do them in any colors and with any initials. sally@halsea.com
    Eerin – the wallpaper is vintage, Krista found it in LA. It’s way better in real-life. That room’s my favorite.

22. cindy says:

where did the glass and wood dining table come from?? I love it!