sneak peek: pam zsori of ink and peat

by

pampeek11
our next portland sneak peek comes to us from pam zsorsi of the beautiful blog housemartin, and the home and floral store ink and peat. the 1924 craftsman style home in portland, oregon she shares with her boyfriend is constantly being updated and adapted. the organic modern style makes it easy to mix vintage and modern pieces to the neutral pallette in their home (also making it easy to mix and match, because as an “accessorizer” nothing stays in the same place for long). and of course, their house wouldn’t be complete without flowers. [thanks, pam!] -anne

[above: This is our bedroom.  I love the grey and coral color story here – I guess I like to play with feminine and masculine color combos.  The bed and side tables are from Room & Board, mercury lamps and grey quilted duvet from West Elm, shams from Kerry Cassill, throw pillow from Sharon Spain, coral quilt from ABC Home and Carpet. The vintage seaweed prints are framed in simple unfinished wood.]

pampeek21

pampeek31
Here’s our dining room with a great built-in hutch. I like to arrange tall branches here – peach blossoms right now and mossy branches in the fall. The striped painting is by Marshall – all greens and mocha tones. That is my collection of vintage 1940’s pottery – housed in a vintage linen cabinet from Indonesia. I have had this Lotta Jansdotter table runner for years and still love it by . The white dot votives are from West Elm. clearly I can’t get enough of green.

pampeek41
This is our living room – I like these mossballs to add a punch of color to the room. They work well with the wool felt leaf and green dot pillows from Hable Construction and linen pillow from local designer Elisabeth Bentz. The stools are also from Hable – great when extra guests come over. On the mantel – an abstract painting by Marshall, a Staghorn fern, and a collection of handmade pottery by Judy Jackson.

pampeek51
Our porch – great on summer evenings.

CLICK HERE for the rest of Pam’s sneak peek after the jump!…

pampeek61
Now we’re in the totally redone kitchen. We wanted it to match the character of the house but still feel current. We have repro lighting from Schooolhouse Electric and white quartzite countertops (they look like marble but behave more like granite – easy care). Notice there is more display up top for vintage pottery. I love our sweet little nook off the kitchen – just big enough for a food pantry and  this vintage enamel breakfast table.

pampeek71

pampeek82

pampeek91
The bird paintings are by Amy Ruppel.

pampeek101

1. jules says:

I love craftsman homes, and Pam’s is no exception!

2. What a beautiful home, I love the color palette and such great artwork!

3. nique says:

if these people every need a housesitter, i am so there.

4. Virginia says:

Has this lovely home been featured somewhere else? I swear I’ve seen these photos but can’t remember where!

5. Love the earthy – ness of this lovely home. So calming and natural. Love it!

6. Justice says:

wow this is great! your kitchen looks nice and spacious, and that dining table is stunning!

7. Pam says:

Jamie-
    bistro table was bought new in San Francisco years ago at a closing sale for $99 – no further reference sorry.

8. Alexis says:

I love your pottery collection. Any old McCoy pottery you would like to sell?

9. marissa says:

love your dining table! Can you tell me where it is from?

10. Holly says:

Great house! What is the paint color in the dining room? Thanks!

11. Maureen says:

I have been poring over these sneak peeks in search of the perfect color for my new space- It’s been a while since I could do more than look- so I just have to ask for the color of the dining room here. I love how it changes with the light! Thanks!!

12. Jane says:

Charming! Love the house itself, the built ins and details as well as the colour and design.

13. erin m. says:

Love the color scheme and porch. So cozy.