ma petite boutique

this is a bit of a departure from what i normally post, but i was completely taken with french artist barbara berrada‘s work. barbara creates beautiful clothing, toys and decorations for children and their rooms and i find myself wanting to either reverse my age back to 10 or suddenly find myself living in france with a small child that needed to be dressed up and have their room designed. each of these pieces is so sweet and thoughtful- i just love them. sometimes words fail me and this is a perfect example- i think barbara’s work has such a cohesive look and feel to it- down to the styling of the shots. i’m hooked. click here to see more of her work online, and here to read her beautifully shot blog.

ps: click here to check out guy’s fantastic guest blog post on british ceramicists today!

1. Sarah says:

I want that first dress for my daughter. Right now. And those finger puppets are darling and perfect!

2. Somewhere between my youth with a stylish hungarian god grandmother and daydreams in high school french class – i definitely dreamed of Barbara Barrada! Great discovery and sooo inspirational. Thanks Grace & BB!

3. Maaret says:

Great find! So playful and fun.

4. noica says:

love everything!
    very cute :)

5. Marlene says:

Love the stuffed bunny!

6. Amanda says:

Absolutely precious.

7. Jacqui says:

So, so very cute!

8. Pam says:

so wonderful! thanks for sharing!

9. katy elliott says:

I hope when I have kids I become a super sewer and I make them cute dresses like the one at the top.

10. So cute. French children are always dressed so well!

11. Katie Runnels says:

Darling!! NOw I just need a wee one to lavish! xo

12. jennifer says:

those finger puppets are fabulous! i LOVE them!

13. Capella says:

finger puppets!!

14. Stacey says:

Violette is so charming!! Great post in every way.

15. Kiki says:

I used to have a velvetine doggy just like velvet only it was supposed to be a pin cushion. I couldn’t bear that he would be used for such awful torment so I rescued him and brought him home to sleep with me on my pillow. I think Violette would be a lovely female companion for him. ;)

16. Wendy says:

I love the cream and red outfit and the orange polka-dot shirt. Why are such gender-neutral children’s clothes so hard to find in the U.S.?

17. lovely, so similar to own store!!

18. KAREN says: