custom portraits by ashley g

chariste_comp3
when it comes to couple-dom, i’m not normally a fan of gushyness and having lots of coupley photos and memorabilia around my home. but i do love a well-placed item or two, especially if they’re a bit non-traditional. so i’m loving these custom portraits by ashley g. ashley recently started accepting custom orders for individuals, couples, families and even pets in two sizes: 8″x10″ and 13″x19″. with each order you’ll receive a link to an “ashley g color palette” that lets you choose your four favorite colors to be incorporated into the portrait, with final pieces mailed to the recipient 3 weeks later (earlier turn-around times are available, email ashley to discuss). i think these fun, colorful portraits would be a great unexpected anniversary, wedding, or birthday gifts. want to see more examples? just click here, here and here. if you’d like to place an order or receive information on pricing, just shoot ashley an email right here.

looking for more morning loveliness? click here to read marichelle’s morning posts on the d*s guest blog.

3329341601_4fdfc75141

1. seema says:

i love that she’s doing this now! i’m a lucky gal, though, as her bearded guy and the girl with bangs actually do look like my husband and me!

2. We think Ashley is so great! Her work brings out the kid in us.
     Dee

3. jodi says:

that is so great!

4. Kara says:

awesome! I want one!!!!

5. Ashley’s work is so much fun. I own one of her pieces and plan to add more to my collection. I’ll have to check with the hubs about this idea!

6. Adorable. I cannot wait to hang a portrait of Ashley’s in my home.

7. B says:

Glad these are illustrations and not photos–not the most attractive characters!

8. Sara says:

Would Ashley or somebody who has bought mind giving some idea of the pricing? Thanks!

9. katie says:

Ha, nice! This would be a fun alternative to the standard engagement/wedding announcement pic! One question though….what if my guy doesn’t have ANY facial hair????

10. Jena says:

I want!!!!

11. Ashley G says:

thanks so much guys and Grace! And no worries about no facial hair. I promise I’ve done tons without : )

12. .v. says:

i heart ashley g’s work! i just ordered a few prints from her etsy shop last week and am anxiously awaiting their arrival…
    Sara: the prints at least are incredibly affordable – especially considering the strength of her work; haven’t purchased any originals yet though…

13. Stephanie says:

LOVE these! So cool! I totally want one!!!

14. julie at BV says:

What an great idea. I love Ashley’s work, I just got one of her prints for my baby’s nursery.

15. I agree! Too many ‘coupley’ shots are so Jessica Simpson. What a cute suggestion.

16. posh says:

oooh!!! they are SO gorgeous!!! PERFECT anniversay present for sure! i think i’ll surprise my babe!

17. liz says:

Sara, I was disappointed to find that they’re $200+… especially after seeing the pricing of her etsy shop. :\

18. liz, one of the things to consider in the pricing is you’re getting a one of a kind, commissioned portrait. In my opinion, $200 is a steal.

19. marymary says:

Her work is great. The only catch is, ashley will only draw males who have facial hair. ;-)

20. Kate says:

Just got my custom portrait from Ashley and surprised my bf for our anniversary. I am sooooo in love with it. (Thinking it would also make an amazing save the date, fingers crossed.)

21. Debra Hovel says:

Oooooh Ashley! I just received the portrait of Ricardo and me. It’s a surprise for our wedding anniversary and I know he will love it! Debra Hovel

22. Justin says:

Nice work, Ashley’s work is indeed very unique and refreshing. Do check out JustPortrait for affordable sculpture portrait, figurines, charcoal and oil portraits. Cheers!