lacey floors and lots of red

it looks like we’re keeping the valentine’s day love going this morning with lots of red and a big dose of lace. the red comes courtesy of this week’s guest blogger, abbey nova, who has posted an incredible roundup of red interiors and red accessories over at the d*s guest blog. click here to check them out.

also, emily at wide open spaces sent over this beautiful lace stenciled floor, from a guest house that belongs to the editor of my marrakesh. divine. click here for more info.

1. Wow, that must have taken a long time to do…it’s beautiful!

2. Rachel B. says:

That bathroom is amazing!!

3. The stenciled floor is something else – so simple and sophisticated – what a great idea.

4. Deirdre says:

So. Beautiful. Any idea of how the stencil was made?

5. Kara says:

OMG!!!
    I LOVE it! Those floors are AMAZING!

6. nosideup says:

I love the contrast between the delicate lace and the floor.

7. Krista says:

Yes, please post instructions!!

8. erin says:

this looks soft and cool. beautiful.

9. Cece says:

Wow…love these ideas!

10. tanya says:

I love that red cabinet against the wallpaper in the bathroom. Beautiful!

11. We love our lace floor. Melanie at Modello Designs is *amazing*! This stencil is super easy to use and can be purchased right here: http://www.royaldesignstudio.com/shop_stencils_detail.php?id=MTE5NA==

I just finished my office floor with another custom Modello design and I’m so loving it!!!

12. Melanie says:

Oh, how thrilled I am to see our lace stencil here! I just posted pics of this project yesterday on my blog and you can see how *easy* it is to do with a simple stippled paint technique. :)
    Thank you so much for passing it on! It was an honor and pleasure to work with Maryam-and darling Skylar!

13. Kathryn says:

That lace floor is so beautiful! I would love to have the patience to do that in my home!

14. roxy asami says:

ohhh! this lace floor is soo beautiful and inspiring! :[)

15. Renee says:

Stunning! I love the wallpaper too…

16. I LOVE it!! I don’t know how they did it, but I may try something similar on my floor. The cat looks just like mine a total cute!!

17. Lovely stencil but unfortunately a bit too pricey for my budget…

18. lenny says:

very cute. i did this once with vinyl lace table runners i got at the 99 cent store as a stencil. my entryway was matte red, but needed dimension. i started halfway up the wall and spray painted clear glossy. it was awesome!

19. Kate says:

Does anyone know what kind of flooring this was done on? Was it done on wood flooring?
    I wonder if I wanted to do this on a bathroom floor, what kind of raw material should I have on the floor?

1. grace says:

kate

i could be wrong, but they look like concrete or some sort of smooth stone finish.

grace

20. DDekor says:

so beautiful… love it

21. Benson says:

Amazing floor inspiration.

22. glenda says:

Absoletely divine! I want the lace stencil but can’t make contacct with the company. Emails not goiing through. I am south african and willing to pay please help.