we tend to subscribe to the “a place for everything, and everything in its place” philosophy, but when it came to derek’s running-out-the-door essentials (phone, notebook, pen) we hadn’t quite worked out a solution. this fused felt door-handle organizer was a super simple way to eliminate a frantic and frustrating search from our morning routine.
derek & lauren
CLICK HERE for the full project instructions after the jump…
Derek and Lauren’s Door Organizer
here’s what you’ll need:
-3 pieces of 9″x 12″ pre-cut felt
-9″x12″ piece of double-sided fusible webbing
circle template that measures the same size as your doorknob (we used the bottom of a drinking glass)
pen or chalk
sewing machine or needle & thread
1. cut out 3 pieces of felt that are approximately the same size. (ours were 4.5″ x 12″, or half of a piece of pre-cut felt from the fabric store.)
2. cut out two pieces of double-sided fusible webbing that are slightly smaller than the felt.
3. sandwich the felt pieces together with fusible webbing between each layer and with your iron set to medium-high, fuse the three pieces together.
4. square up all the edges with your scissors until all three pieces are exactly the same size.
5. trace a circle that is the same size as your doorknob onto the fused felt, about 1” down from the top.
6. carefully cut out the circle with your scissors.
7. cut out two pockets and stitch them to the larger felt piece along the sides and bottom.
8. fill pockets, hang on your front doorknob, and never forget your important stuff again!