diy project: plaid skirt ottoman

yesterday got away from me somehow and i forgot to post this fun diy project from shelly leer at curbly. she upholstered this cute little ottoman with fabric from a $3.99 “ginormous” pleated plaid skirt from the goodwill. so fun. click here for the full instructions.

1. Jessa says:

Totally something I would do – you can make pillows and table toppers, scarves and valances out of pillow cases, skirts, coats…. Awesome little ottoman!

2. Laur says:

I totally heart that ottoman

3. Loving the Legs on that Ottoman…

4. Judith says:

Now that’s clever and it looks great.

5. Yoli says:

Love the shape of that ottoman.

6. P&C says:

That is genius! kind of reminds me of my gran- not that she looked like an ottoman of course.

7. Romina says:

Great job! Very resourceful and clever! I love the colors in that plaid!

8. michelle says:

Oh I love this! I am already looking for beautiful plaids to redo the living room for next fall, curtains…maybe some large floor cushions, I need to start looking for an otoman like that one!

9. WVCC says:

I heart this project. Can someone tell me where I could find legs like that?

10. Evalyn says:

I LOOOOOVE that she matched the plaid! Very cool project. I’m looking at my oversized footstool with new eyes. . .

11. jamie says:

Oh that is cute! I love plaid.

12. wendy says:

sorry, but that has got to be the ugliest fabric i have ever seen. Excellent technical job though! good job matching the top to sides!

13. jHill says:

LOVE this. Great color scheme.

14. Thanks for the plaid matching comments. It took a couple of tries to get those plaids lined up.
    Legs are from a wholesaler-I love the angles. Maybe I should sell in my etsy store.

15. Teresa says:

This is fabulous!! Thanks for the link. :)

16. Great idea. Might try this with one of my old paisley shirts!