diy project: karyn’s twinkle blackboard

karyn from make something is helping me keep the chalkboard love going today with this awesome diy project she made for her home. not content to just have a beautiful chalkboard in her home, karyn decided to get extra crafty and drill holes through which twinkle lights from urban outfitters could shine. i love the little custom spin on this project. i’d love to see someone spell out a name (how fun would it be to have one of these in your office with your company name or logo shining through?) or song lyrics- that would be super cool. CLICK HERE for the directions from karyn.

1. CS says:

So whimsical and dreamy.

2. Mrs. Mumf says:

AMAZING idea!! I really want a blakboard and the added twinkle is brilliant. I’m going to try this!

3. angelune says:

woah, that was quick! Karyn’s so crafty and takes on such enormous projects. I wish I had time to be making so much stuff! I am deciding on what kind of message board I want in my apartment, so keep these chalkboard posts coming!

4. Connie says:

Love it!

5. Stacey says:

I am intrigued by this idea, it is so magical! Thanks for sharing how to do it, I just might try it out!

6. Laura says:

Brilliant idea :)

7. Karena says:

8. kbd says:

Awesome idea… the lights against the black… super!

9. Ashley B. says:

What is it about chalk boards that makes them so dreamy? I guess I loved school and school supplies… yeah, that might explain it.

This is like my childhood dream– like magic school!

Thanks for the how-to!

10. Lisa Canning says:

Karyn is so talented, always coming up with great things to make our homes special. Love that a Toronto gal was featured : )

11. Karen says:

Awesome idea…She is so creative!