diy project: glass jar frames

extra-bottles
i’m not a big framed picture person but every once in a while i wish i had a clever way to display a choice photo of the cats or ac. so i was excited to hear from kelly at photojojo about a fun little glass jar project they’d posted. the project couldn’t be easier (you basically just cut each picture to fit the bottle you’re using) and the results are such a playful spin on traditional frames. click here for the full project instructions and more pictures. [thanks, kelly!]

extra-jars

1. virus1973 says:

Great idea I will copy it ! :)

2. Love, love, love this – am definitely going to do this! (on a high shelf away from the hands of my small people).

3. suzi says:

wonderful….just to cool…love the idea…..thanks

4. mayaz says:

great idea….

5. IRIS says:

AWESOME IDEA-THANKS!

6. vraiment says:

Everyone is oooing and awwwwing this…but doesn’t anyone find this as tacky as I do. It is Gawd awful and tacky. Maybe for a small kids craft, but never to be displayed in a person’s home. At least I would hope. I am sorry if this sounded mean.

7. teabags says:

i think its an ingenious way to use all the pasta sauce jars my mum insists on keeping just in case we need to keep something in the fridge even though we have plastic container for that! thanks

8. Cathy says:

have to say this is so simple but so effective. and brilliant use of a recyclable material that otherwise just gets chucked away

9. syazu says:

nicely done..

but do u know where cn i find a framed photo in a bottle?
    or how to do it?

i have one, n it’s really cool…my friend gave me as a present.. but she won’t tell me where did she buy it lol

10. Melissa says:

OMG, this is a great idea!!! I did it, and they look adorable!!!! Now i have room for all of the glass bottles that i wanted to save for some reason!!! hahaa!

11. Kimmithy says:

this is Awesome!!! I am having a fall wedding and we are having mason jars on the table with candle and this will match them…I am going to put pictures of my Fiancé and I in them. awesomeness Idea!!! love it.

12. Wow that is a neat idea, I usually just use old glass bottles for creative looking vases, but I will definitely have to try this out, thanks!

13. MaddyLane says:

Super fun, very creative. Do you do link exchanges, I have fun ideas to sahre too ;)

14. Foodaholic says:

What a great idea! I have a ton of jars that I just didn’t know what to do with.

15. vin says:

amazingly brilliant concept:)

16. Events says:

That’s actually a great way to make use of jars and bottles. Never really thought of that before, and it’s so simple.

17. Virginia says:

Just sent all my glass jars to the recycling center ( I hoped I could use them, after several years of taking up cabinet space). This idea is absolutely wonderful! Guess, I have to start a new collection to use in this manner! Thanks…how novel!

18. timsbro2000 says:

what if you then filled the jar with transparent drying resin? I’d think youd get a sort of water magnification effect, but without the water ruining your picture.

19. babypop says:

Really great Idea. I might leave the caps on and drill holes and suspend them from the ceiling in a window.

20. God, how did you make that? It’s amazing!

21. Absolutely LOVE the photos in a mason jar, so creative and easy to interchange! Quick and easy for displaying at a wedding or party!

22. Glass Cutter says:

Oh its so simple and chic! Thanks for sharing!

23. kun says:

Nice! I like it。

24. demi says:

awesome idea! i’m trying this for my friend