before & after: rebekah’s dining room

i’m a big fan of wallpaper accent walls and this dining room from rebekah at orange poppy is a great example. just a few hours of pasting and hanging and you’re left with a wall full of color and pattern. i love the new blue and green palette rebekah decided to go with- especially that blue hutch. so cute. click here to check out rebekah’s shop and here to check out her blog.

1. Catherine says:

This is gorgeous and very inspiring. I have lusted after that wallpaper for a long time….

2. Coco says:

Cue painted wood freak-outs in 3…2…1…
    (i think it’s great!)

3. jenny says:

this is soo pretty!

4. lovely! makes me want to wallpaper every room if the result is this nice.

5. Marlene says:

Not a fan of wallpaper but this one looks good in this room.
    I would like to see the room in the background, seems like it was redesigned too.

6. Claire says:

I’ve seen this wallpaper in several posts now – where is it from??

7. tara says:

it’s nice to see the anthropologie wallpaper in a home application. i love the painted blue hutch. is it bad that i want the table and chairs painted now too?! oops.
    great job!

8. lauren says:

orla kiely wallpaper, yes? so pretty!

9. Elizabeth says:

I have this wallpaper over my fireplace. It’s Orla Kiely and I purchased it from anthropologie. Here’s a pic of mine: http://www.flickr.com/photos/eabaddeley/2848385772/in/set-72157600052023648/ (ignore the hideous TV stand in the background)

10. That blue hutch is fabulous! I love the couch in the other room as well- great furniture!

11. mandy says:

holy smokes, that’s a huge transformation! i loooooooove the colour pallette – great job!

12. Where did the before furniture go?

13. lauren says:

yes, i’m glad no one painted that antique hutch in the dining room before, and the table in the after shot…droooool. awesome!

14. jamie says:

Awesome. I love that wallpaper, I’ve seen it in Anthro too.

15. Kristan says:

Er, see… this is where I think photography is a huge factor, because I think it looks crazy busy in the first After shot, but very lovely in the second.

16. lauren says:

Great transformation. I think a fantastic rug would really tie it all together too!

17. the.mediatrix says:

This is so cute, I can’t stand it! I really love the color of the hutch. What is the paint you used? Thanks!

18. Love the wallpaper and hutch… to die for!

19. alex says:

I love the blue hutch! What color/brand is it?

20. Brooke says:

Love the wallpaper and blue hutch! So pretty together!

21. Rebekah says:

Thanks everyone for such sweet words about our dining room! The hutch was something I scored on Craigslist last summer for really cheap and it was actually already painted that pretty tiffany blue. Sorry I don’t know the exact color used but I think it was done with milk paint to give it a professional look.

as far as the furniture in the before shot – that was a photo taken while we were inspecting the place and although we requested that the previous owners leave that gorgeous hutch with the house it was a family heirloom so it left with them…and no I would not have had the guts to paint that I think it was from the 30’s!

22. I’ve always loved that wallpaper. It’s nice to see it up. Looks good.

23. Lupin says:

Oh I do love that mix of bright painted wood and the dark wood dining set – it’s such a lovely way to mix 2 types of “old things”