sneak peek: studio olivine {part deux}

when julie dutton shared the sneak peek of her portland home last month, little did we know what an amazing studio space she had been hiding from us. her letterpress studio – studio olivine – is a beautiful compliment to her home, showing her great style translates to everything she does. i love the beautiful touches throughout the space that make it feel like you could live here, not just work here. click here for more, full-sized images, and here to check out all our sneak peeks. stay tuned at 12pm for a second fantastic sneak peek. [thanks so much, julie!]anne

[above: This is our consultation area where we meet with customers and plan fun print projects. We love this table so much. It was made by Eco Pdx from a fallen redwood tree. The murano glass chandeliers were one of our biggest studio indulgences, but well worth the expense. We think these french white enamel chairs are such a great contrast with the rustic table. ]

The pendant lights in this photo are from Ikea. We just removed a birch wood wrap and added some interesting bulbs to make them look custom. We get lots of compliments on them. I love the shelves we had built for the wall. They house all of our ink. At my last studio I had all of the ink in a drawer where it was really hard to find and keep organized. Now it is all right in plain sight and I am so pleased. The trusty blue guillotine paper cutter takes a little bit of muscle, but has been serving us well for a few years now.

My favorite aqua blue Judy Jackson vase and our nipping press. I adore the way the color of the vase contrasts with the orange pods and the soft brown walls.

The selling point of our new studio was the magnificent original wooden beams and17 foot high ceilings. Here Chelsea is working on some ochre yellow flower coasters.

A press set up with a white porcelain log vase from Roost.

1. Karla says:

WOW! I LOVE that table in the first picture! Can’t wait to see more! Thanks for sharing!

~ Karla

2. anne sophie says:

I’m french and I discovered your blog by Garance Doré’s Blog. I sincerly like yours !!! Congratulations : everything is so beautiful, and delicate. I wish I could have at home the same things !

3. elizabeth says:

A beautiful studio. Do you have info on the wonderful chandeliers?

4. elisabeth says:

Wow! This studio looks like a very inspiring place to work.

5. visualingual says:

Wow, we’re currently redoing our studio [here is the old home office part of it], and these photos are so incredibly inspiring! Thanks so much for sharing!

6. This is a great looking work space and casual meeting space. It is the kind of space that inspires those who work in it — and fosters creativity. Absolutely lovely.

7. Kristan says:

What a workspace! I can’t imagine (how awesome it would be!) working there.

8. JB says:

I LOVE the Judy Jackson vase. I clicked on the link, but it looks like she only sells to wholesale markets. Any thoughts on how to acquire one?

9. Amber says:

What a great place to live. I personally do not feel at home in a regular house. This space would fill my dreams. But to work there also, wow.

10. beautiful. wish our letterpress studio looked like that! someday, right?

11. ali herrmann says:

these are wonderful pictures…it must be so much fun working in such a fun looking print studio.

12. Katya says:

Eat my heart out, why don’t you! I’m in a cubicle and this place looks like a significantly more inspiring place to work. It’s truly beautiful, I especially love the old letterpress equipment.

13. Hello! Thanks everyone!
    JB, You can get yourself a lovely JJ vase from Ink and Peat in Portland. Just call Pam and she can help you. Here is the website…

Elizabeth—I will get the chandelier info for you later today.

14. Michelle says:

Wow, I just love this, I wish I worked there! So beautiful.

15. elana says:

this is so lovely! where do those fantastic enamel chairs come from?

16. jolene says:

wow – it doesn’t get better than this!

17. enhabiten says:

she has great taste. thanks for sharing, grace.
    ps, i missed designsponge over the holidays! phew…glad you’re back.

18. Kei says:

Beautiful studio. So peaceful with the sky lights. Would you know the name of the grey paint they used? Love the look and how its goes so well with the wood.

19. What a fantastically lovely studio! I love the redwood table and chandeliers! Seems like such a pleasant place to be!

20. pigeon.toed says:

i love pdx! and this studio space is amazing!

21. Aww, I love how they use flowers in their decoration!

22. Michelle says:

Beautiful space! I would also love to know the name of the grey paint.

23. Cakespy says:

What an inspiring space! I love the combination of urban cool / nature chic here.

24. Hi all!

Michelle and Kei, I will post the name of the grey paint today!

The enamel chairs were found used from an online dealer, but I know other places have them, like here:

Here are the chandeliers

Thanks everyone!

25. wow, the studio looks amazing!!! i can’t wait to visit it one day! hopefully sooner rather than later. will have to bring the little one with me too. it’s absolutely gorgeous, julie, and so inspiring!!! adrienne is even thinking about ordering the chandeliers for her new apartment!
    love it, love it, love it but you know that i love your style! keep going!!!!

26. Katie says:

What a beautiful space. I love the tall wood/metal chair in the second picture—where did you get that?

27. Tari says:

Such a sweet space… Love it! It must be nice to have a letterpress studio at home… :)

Love the plants as well…

28. Jordan says:

The studio space is beautiful. Can you please tell me where you purchased the stainless steel work table? I’ve been looking for one similar to yours.

29. The stainless steel work table is from Ikea…

30. Your work place looks amazing. I believe you always have positive vibes while working in that environment. I use stainless steel work table for my work place though. They are easier to clean and maintain. It is cheap yet very durable. But your wooden table looks great too. I also love the blue vase you pointed out. Its color gives more life to the room. Thank you very much for sharing this with us. I love reading about interior designs. I am very glad that I cam across your site. I would love to come back here and read about your other blogs. I believe they’ll be interesting too. Hope you won’t hesitate on updating your blog. Thanks!

31. Candycane says:

Does anyone know who makes that beautiful grey/brown paint?